LS Secret Tarot - 8 of Wands

Rusty Neon

In the GD tarot curriculum, this card is Swiftness. In the Secret Tarot, the card is similar to the RWS card, but we have a cartoon action figure like individual holding one of the flying wands. This is as if to tell us that, while things may be proceeding quickly for the time being, one's own efforts are needed to keep the initial momentum going.

Jypsie

I like the presence of the green guy =) ...He gives direction to the Wands, In the RWS decks, I have had trouble determining in what direction the Wands are headed, up or down- left or right- forwards of backwards.

Centaur

Not really all that sure as to what I can say about this card.

I like the image of the man in the card. In my opinion, the eight of wands is one of the most boring and least imaginative cards in the RW deck. Also, in the pictorial depiction of the RW, there is no human association.

Therefore, I like the image of the man in the LS card as it implies human association. Albeit a green human, or creature, or whatever. But whatever it is, it is a living organism.

Rusty, I like what you say about giving direction to the wands. He seems to be propelling them forwards, and slightly upwards.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this creature may be and how it might relate in the world of the Secret Tarot. I like to think of him as some sort of fey-like or goblin-esque creature. Don't you think?

mj07

I agree that the green guy is rather fae-like! Also, I like him in this card b/c he seems to be helping the wands along, saying "you're not on your own here"! He adds more energy or even magic to the movement!

Rusty Neon

I prefer to think of the green guy in the Secret's 8 of Wands and the fiesty woman in the Secret's 5 of Swords as larger-than-life action heros in the tradition of comic book heros. After all, the deck artist, Marco Nizzoli, is a comic book illustrator.

Centaur

Rusty Neon said:
I prefer to think of the green guy in the Secret's 8 of Wands and the fiesty woman in the Secret's 5 of Swords as larger-than-life action heros in the tradition of comic book heros. After all, the deck artist, Marco Nizzoli, is a comic book illustrator.

It is interesting that you should say that. When I first saw this green being I thought of the 'Incredible Hulk'. LOL.

Does anyone here think that it looks almost as though it is in attack? Attacking something? It may symbolise the use of thought and energy to attack a problem or issue.

mj07

Centaur said:
Does anyone here think that it looks almost as though it is in attack? Attacking something? It may symbolise the use of thought and energy to attack a problem or issue.

maybe, but for some reason I think of him as being happy!

Centaur

mj07 said:
maybe, but for some reason I think of him as being happy!

He does look quite excited. I guess he could even be taking part in some sort of bizzare wand-throwing sport? What do you think?

spoonbender

Hi, hope you guys don't mind if I jump in here.

I see the green guy as the representation and manifestation of the energy present in this card. Perhaps it shows that the energy and speed, which the 8 of Wands usually announces, have taken on a life of their own? The creature is green, of course, to show the rapid growth and liveliness. I sometimes read the 8 of Wands as hormones gone loose, and somehow I can very well see that depicted in this card too.

I tried to look in the LWB to see what it says about this card, but somehow, I can't find it anywhere. I also lost the one to the Durer and the Olympus... Oh my god, has Umbrae been in my house to destroy them??

Anyway, I'm interested to hear you're thoughts on this.

Warm regards,
Spoonbender

PS: Here's a link to the card, in case other people might like to see it.

Centaur

spoonbender said:
I sometimes read the 8 of Wands as hormones gone loose, and somehow I can very well see that depicted in this card too.

Interesting take Spoonbender.

This is from the LWB:

'communication, movement, hopes'

It doesn't really say all that much else about it. Any more thoughts?