Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Suriel 
Citizen

The Dream Flower Spread

The Dream Flower Spread!....
This is a spread, made based on a poem, you can see the poem in my signature...
Thanks to Cerulean, who has inspired me to create this spread..!
This spread uses only five cards, and they are placed around, shaped like a flower.
Start from the first card, at the top most, then place the coming up cards clockwise, with their "legs" are pointed towards a circle which is formed in the centre, until five cards made up a flower shape, or a star shape, because it's quite similar.

The position meanings are:
1. "What if you slept?" -- Past
2. "And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?" -- Present
3. "And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?" -- Obstacles
4. "And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?" -- Advice
5. "Ah, what then?" --Final outcome

Do you have any suggestions about this spread?
Welcome for any suggest and critics!

And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Suriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
SongDeva 
Citizen

What a great idea!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lswern
Do you have any suggestions about this spread?
Welcome for any suggest and critics!
What if position one was about what your are avoiding or denying, not paying attention to, because you are asleep?

Then position 2 might be a realization of the issue, followed naturally by obstacles, advice, and outcome.

Last edited by SongDeva; 11-05-2004 at 03:50.
SongDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Imagemaker 
Citizen

Nice spread concept!

I see the dream flower (3) not as an obstacle, but as a possibility you're ignoring or unaware of in real (awake) life.

Then 4 becomes advice on what to do with it, how to work with this possibility. (To see the dream flower as an obstacle seems totally opposite to the tone of the poem--which is all about "what if?")

Then 5 becomes the outcome of that work.

I'm going to go try it out.

Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
lionette 
Citizen

Nice spread idea, Lswern!

Have you tried it with any alternatives yet?

I'd like to try #2 as: what's in my subconscious or what's hidden
The quote seems to imply the idea of what we wish for, rather than what "is".
And in that same vein I'd try #1 as: present, or the now
lionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Imagemaker 
Citizen

I guess the point is whether we use the poem as a jumping off point for the spread design, or as a reflection of the poem's statement. What if an amazing thing happened (waking up to hold a flower you dreamed), what would we do with that new view of reality?

And to see our lives from a wholly different angle is to change everything we thought we knew.

Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
lionette 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by Imagemaker
I guess the point is whether we use the poem as a jumping off point for the spread design, or as a reflection of the poem's statement. What if an amazing thing happened (waking up to hold a flower you dreamed), what would we do with that new view of reality?

And to see our lives from a wholly different angle is to change everything we thought we knew.
I see...

I was viewing it in the perspective of dreams being just an alternate/parallel reality in themselves. Or a manifestation of our subconscious (the hidden) and accessing that parallel through the window of tarot in order to reach the flower.

But can you explain how and whether our ideas of it differ? Curious, not argumentative
lionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Imagemaker 
Citizen

I think the poem speaks of the realities crossing, not parallel after all.

Or if a person thinks that dreams are total illusion, totally in the mind--the discovery that an actual, 3D flower could be a souvenir of a dream becomes a surprising new bit of knowledge--and changes that person's personal experience of the world of dreams, the possibilities of reality, what reality is.

And in the spread, if the tarot can raise the querent's awareness of his view of what is real, what is possible, then whole new paths open up (card 4, what would you do? card 5, where might the path lead?)

And the spread doesn't have to be about mystical/mind events. What if a blind person threw a spread that said, essentially, there's a doctor who can help you see (perhaps with electrodes stimulating the brain)--that would be a "what if?" and new perception of possibilities, and possible new pathway.

Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Suriel 
Citizen

Thanks to all your suggestions! I've come to think of some alternative meanings of the position, and has taken another meanings for them...

The position meanings are:
1. "What if you slept?" -- concious influences
2. "And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?" -- hidden influences
3. "And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?" -- Approaching future
4. "And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?" -- What you will gain
5. "Ah, what then?" --Final outcome

Is this better?.......

Lswern

And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Suriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Pook 
Citizen

I really like this spread idea, and I've tried it a couple of different ways. The original, posted by Lswern, didn't really give me what I was looking for, so after playing with it and all of everyone els's ideas, I came up with this, which proved to really insightful...for me anyway.

1. "What if you slept?" ~ What you are avoiding/denying because you
are 'asleep'

2. "And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? ~ How you want things to be

3. And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and picked a strange and beautiful flower? ~ What have you done/need to do to alter your reality?

4. "And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?" ~ realizations, advice, helpful ideas

5. "Ah, what then?" ~ Outcome/What will you do with your new view of reality?

Last edited by Pook; 13-05-2004 at 02:05.
Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Pook 
Citizen

I guess there are alot of different ways to turn this great poem into a tarot spread. I can't help thinking of your very first post, Lswern, and that there were both conscious and unconscious aspects. Now, after I posted B4, I want to change it to incorporate them. Ah, I feel like the fool, with infinite possibilities!

Last edited by Pook; 11-05-2004 at 13:39.
Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today