Das Lied der Rohrigen - Princess of Wands

Moonbow

The Princess is almost naked and as she arches her back she holds a transparent wand to her third eye. Her long hair cascades down her back and her front, and is gold and black, and striped like the markings of a tiger. The tigers eye also appears in her hair.

She is a free spirit, she is daring, energetic and uninhibited. She is passionate, fiery, impulsive and creative.

The Princess (page) is the messenger of the suit which is why she holds the wand to her third eye and as she is dances with the wand she is focused solely on it. Her nakedness emphasizes her freedom to express while she dances. All creative expression requires freedom to explore.

There is a white blankness to the written page behind her showing that she has cleared her mind of any indoctrinated views and that she is opening up her mind to new experiences.

galadrial

I thought "Carpe Diem" looking at this card. The rod makes me think of a lightning rod. She is completely in touch with her animal instincts and is a powerful conduit of passion and fiery energy. A page can also be considered as number 11, which can be seen as a higher order of one, or of the Ace. An Ace with mind and will behind it, but a young mind, an inexperienced mind, ready to be playful and uninhibited with this energy. One is singular. The Princess in entranced and self-absorbed with the Wand and with discovering the potential of her passion.

Moonbow

galadrial said:
I thought "Carpe Diem" looking at this card.

A brilliant way of remembering this card Galadrial and one that I won't forget now.

You got me thinking about the number 11 too and this is what I found:

"It's a volatile and indefinable number. It is composed of two number 1's which is a double male component, but if reduced it would be femaleness, 2."

galadrial

I had never looked at the number 11 that way, but it is certainly fitting for this card. In fact I was struck by the energy glow on the wand and was wondering whether she was taking energy in or sending it out and thought it could be either, or both, as the male/femaleness of this card seem so entwined.