LS Pagan Tarot - The Fool

Darla

Alright, I think it's finally time for a new thread. Since we decided to study this deck in order I will start with the Fool.

Our protagonist is dressed in a white robe and walks in the dark with outstretched arms, as if she is walking in her sleep. It looks like she is walking into outer space. The white and grey dots look like stars. This is a nice change from the usual stepping of the cliff. Yet the meaning is the same. She begins a journey, and gives herself to the universe, trusting that she will find her path. She doesn't see anything yet she puts her trust in herself as well as the universe, ready to embrace a new life. Instead of the dog she is accompanied by a white cat. I don't know what you think, but to me it seems that the cat knows where the woman is going. She is able to see or better sense it.

Melissa`

I feel as though this cat is her familiar. I also feel she might be sleep walking as well.. or astral projection maybe?

Just going off the theme of the deck.
Either way she is definitely searching for something. Her arms seem to be out stretched to feel her way out as she wanders along in the darkness.

~ M

silverwitchi

Yes I agree the cat does seem to be a part of her and knows where it is going. The cat has his mouth open almost as if he's saying not that way over here. It's like the cat is her eyes in the darkness. I thought this card was a nice change from the traditional Fool Card.

druid

I see that the person needs to have a lot of faith in her choice/direction in this journey since she can't see what lies ahead. The cat is a companion or guidance which gives her help in an otherwise lonely personal quest. It is a situation which the person can easily get lost because the normal senses cannot be trusted. Instincts and intuition are the means to find the right path.

Darla

druid said:
It is a situation which the person can easily get lost because the normal senses cannot be trusted. Instincts and intuition are the means to find the right path.

I think this is a very important point. The first card already is probably an obstacle where many people stumble in the beginning of their personal journey. Her being in the dark with nothing but her instinct and the trust shows wonderful the step into the unknown. I've known many people who got scared and turned around.

I also think that the cat is her familiar. Her first friend or guide in her magical path.

diane drizzy

I see her cat as a guide also. She looks in wonder around her, like a child at all that's ahead of her. The symbolism is the start of a new journey and I like the fact that she appears capable and able to handle herself, rather than indeed like a "fool".

annik

She walk in total darkness. She put her arms in front of her to see if there is obstacles. The cat seems to cross her path. If she is not careful, she may stumble. The stars seems to give a faint light.

demosioi13

I also think that the cat is her sprit companion and is trying to help guide her frist steps. In the darkness at her feet is a path that started small and is geting bigger as she walk on down the path. In kepping with the theme of the deck, it could be her frist steps on the path of the old ways. Hre arms out streached could also be her reaching to find her way to her spritual path.

sharpchick

I cannot discern a floor for the woman to step out onto. I think she must have to actually make her path by relying on the spirits and her inner guide.

Anerin

The woman's white dress symbolises that she can become anyone (white light is the combination of light of all other colours).
And from another point of view the Seeker can be just trying to catch marsh-fire , and when the card turns up it's time to check whether we've chosen the right goal.