LS Pagan Tarot - The Magician

druid

The second card is the magician. It shows a woman dressed as a Wiccan/pagan kneeling down, one hand on an open book, another raising to the moon, like she is performing a ritual/rite. It is a full moon night. The light reflected by the moon shines right on the woman. Besides the book, she has a pentacle, a sword, a chalice and a wand at her disposal. The trees have no leaves - fall or winter.

The moon to me is a wish. She is trying to use her power to make it real. She has the necessary tools. She just needs to know to use the right tool or the right mix to make her wish come true. When the sun comes out, tomorrow (the future) will be a different day. I also see the timing as an important factor in realizing the goal. Once the circumstances change, the magic may be gone.

back to index

diane drizzy

I get a sense of her being a bit unsure of herself or maybe being pressured. I too, feel timing is of great importance to her. On the right hand side of her, the roots in the trees almost look like faces passively observing her ritual. These "faces"may be guides or just curious.

silverwitchi

I see someone who is focused with what she is doing. Although , she looks young to me, like a student, like she's still learning. She seems to understand that she possesses two opposite qualities by the position of the right hand and left hand, one is up the other one down. I sense she is uncertain in her knowledge that she has the potential to use all the tools given her, by the way the sword, wand, and chalice and are so far out of her reach as compared to the pentacle.

Darla

I agree with everything that has been said so far. Since she is still at the beginning of her way as a witch she is probably a bit unsure. But she seems to be determined to do her best.

Learning by doing!

annik

She have everything she need under hand. The concentration is there. The right conditions are meet. Everything seems done right. I don't see why the spell will fail.

Shade

I think it is significant that the trees behind her hold the Moon in the same way/position that her hands hold moonlight. It is a sort of "As above so below" moment where the universe mirrors our commands. Also the roots of the trees are quite clearly visible and we can almost imagine the energy of the Moon traveling from the heavens and into the earth. In this same way her feet are bare and we can see the circuit of energy complete as the moon travels from her fingertips all the way down and out her feet.

It took me a long time to find the wand hidden behind the chalice and I originally thought hat the trees themselves acted as her wand. Now I almost wish I hadn't see the real wand because I liked that idea.

Dreamsilver

The magician in Pagan Tarot

In what that the moment, having descended from a blind way, we understand, that only we are песчинкой in the huge world. And this World lives under the laws, instead of on ours as it seemed to us earlier. And if we wish to live in this world happily, to us its laws should be accepted.... But as them to accept, if we do not know them, if in madness of days, have simply forgotten them. And here then we appeal to the internal voice and we ask to give the help. And subconsciousness conducts us on the nature, because all we its part. And we appeal to its forces, asking to learn us and to set on a way to harmony. We address to wise books, searching in them answers to the uneasy questions. Who I? What for to me it? Why daily occurrence has ceased to arrange me? Why in a full moon my instincts become stronger also I feel inflow of forces? What with me?
And suddenly we start to receive the information, it flows whence that from above, and sounds in our head. So comprehension while incomplete, it starts to fill us comes.. So we do the first realized step on a new way, a way of magic.

sharpchick

She has reconnected the elemental forces of nature, and is using the energy of the creation for her magic. She knows the magic will be successful if she works with nature and not against it. . . she has chosen a natural setting for ritual to keep the mundane details of life from distracting her and making her miss fundamental messages.