The Quest Tarot - Strength

prk001

I will start with what I have typed in the cards I like/dislike thread.

Strength - Ahhh... this is a great card. She is sitting on the lion with so much ease and faith in herself. She knows that she has the infinite powers in herself & this knowing is helping her in concentrating her energy in to one single direction.

She is not worried about the future or about several other things to do. She is present in the current moment & She is all in what she is doing right now. Thats the only way to control the lion on which she is sitting and the snake which she is holding.

Is there anything else in this card which I have missed before?

The orange color of the card including the sky, the sea & the lion & the molten/melting rocks must all indicate some important characteristic of this color. Anyone knows what this color means?

What is that squirrel-like creature doing in the front of this powerful card? I hope the lion's paw doesn't come down on the squirrel.

lunakasha

prk001 said:
I will start with what I have typed in the cards I like/dislike thread.

Strength - Ahhh... this is a great card. She is sitting on the lion with so much ease and faith in herself. She knows that she has the infinite powers in herself & this knowing is helping her in concentrating her energy in to one single direction.

She is not worried about the future or about several other things to do. She is present in the current moment & She is all in what she is doing right now. Thats the only way to control the lion on which she is sitting and the snake which she is holding.

Is there anything else in this card which I have missed before?

The orange color of the card including the sky, the sea & the lion & the molten/melting rocks must all indicate some important characteristic of this color. Anyone knows what this color means?

What is that squirrel-like creature doing in the front of this powerful card? I hope the lion's paw doesn't come down on the squirrel.

I REALLY love the Quest version of Strength....taking the traditional RWS concept of the woman leading or embracing the lion...and giving it a slight twist! The fact that she is actually riding the lion implies even more than strength, IMO....confidence? Absolutely....but also an internal strength, a strong sense of who she is...empowerment. As you mention RK, no fear whatsoever. Very powerful image!

To me, the fiery orange color represents passion, courage and heat...fiery energy! According to one source, A Little Book of Candle Magic by DJ Conway, the color orange represents:

adaptability, encouragement, stimulation, attraction, creativity, success and mental agility.

Now....as for the little squirrely guy....he almost looks to me like a groundhog! :eek: LOL!!! Not sure of his significance (if he is a groundhog) but I do know that the squirrel is often a symbol of being prepared for the future...as in the way squirrels gather a huge store of food in preparation for winter....

What are your thoughts on the snake she is holding???

:) Luna

prk001

Re: Re: The Quest Tarot - Strength

lunakasha said:

To me, the fiery orange color represents passion, courage and heat...fiery energy! According to one source, A Little Book of Candle Magic by DJ Conway, the color orange represents:

adaptability, encouragement, stimulation, attraction, creativity, success and mental agility.

That is a great description for the color. I guess I have to take some classes on color & what they represent. I don't know whether that information is available anywhere.

Now....as for the little squirrely guy....he almost looks to me like a groundhog! :eek: LOL!!! Not sure of his significance (if he is a groundhog) but I do know that the squirrel is often a symbol of being prepared for the future...as in the way squirrels gather a huge store of food in preparation for winter....
That answers my second question. :D

[/b][/quote]
What are your thoughts on the snake she is holding???
[/B][/QUOTE]
The snake looks so fuzzy(I don't know whether that is the correct word.). When I look at it, it sudenly looked like a spinal cord too. One half of it looks like snake & the other half looks like some great reservoir of energy. It is difficult to determine whether he is a reservoir or a conduit. So, I don't know whether the energy is going out of him into the universe or getting into him from the universe. The energy is in both lighter and darker colors, so it encompasses a variety of sources of energy, so I can assume that the energy is coming from the universe and the snake is a conduit of it. That leads us to the conclusion that rather than controlling the snake she is holding it & getting the energy of the universe through the snake to do whatever she is doing. :)

L&L,
RK

MysticHermit

The lady is looking like she is made of mercury & the lion is made of gold. I think, when gold comes into contact with mercury, the gold's colour changes into pale white. This has not happened in this card. So, maybe they are not made of what they look like. The lion looks like it is standing on a flowing lava. The overall color of the card is so kool.