LS Secret Tarot - 2 of Pentacles

Centaur

This is a rather intriguing card. I have yet to decide whether or not the individual depicted on the card is female or male, or is perhaps deliberately represented as neutral gender in order to reflect the idea of opposites as joined together. It is almost as though he/she represents balance, and the two pentacles represent imbalance.

Also, what is actually going on here? Is he/she some kind of court jester? He/she appears to be doing some sort of odd juggling stage act, and balancing (again, balance!) on the walls of a castle or some other such building.

Also, if you take a look at the faces engraved in the wall, three of them are smiling and one of them is sad. Would anyone have any thoughts as to what this could mean?

Also, what the hell is going on with his/her hair?! LOL!

mj07

oooh, a new card!

this one always looks very playful to me, the juggler is having a good time and almost daring you to try what s/he is doing!

hyatt

I agree that this card is very playful or at least on the surface. I think the position that the person is in very precarious. It looks like they are dancing but also like they are not paying too much attention to the coins or their footing.

The smiley faces in this card I think are weird! There is one on the belt and four on the stone wall. They make me think of flipping coins to make a decision - heads, heads, heads, tails.

It is also interesting that the colors of the background are fall. Does it echo his footing? Or is the harvest behind him and winter is ahead? Does any one have any ideas on the season or the smiley faces?

Centaur

hyatt said:
It is also interesting that the colors of the background are fall. Does it echo his footing? Or is the harvest behind him and winter is ahead?

Ooooo... I like that.

I am puzzled by the smiley faces. What in hell could they mean?

hyatt

Centaur - i too am puzzeled by those smiley faces! For such a dark deck i think that they are inapproprate. i just don't get it. I don't have my deck on me right now, but i think that they are on a couple of other cards too.
any thoughts about the season or the time of day, etc. in this card. it seems like that is important. or maybe just because i can't figure it out - so it seems more important than it is.....

Centaur

Hey Hyatt,

Yeh... I think that the season in this card might be the Autumn. I am trying to think of how we could incorporate Autumn into our understanding of this card. LOL. Autumn is when all is in full bloom, no? Almost like the final burst of life, before Winter descends. Perhaps our little juggler-person is just having some fun in the final last days out Autumn... before the weather becomes inhospitable... thus putting an end to his juggling on castle ramparts! LOL! Unless, that is, he wants to be blown off the castle ramparts in a full force wind. Hahaha.

I am still puzzled by the smiley faces. But, perhaps the area in which he juggles is an entertainers arena or something or other. Therefore, one might expect the surroundings to be decorated in a pleasing manner? Maybe that could explain the smiley faces?