Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Flavio 
Citizen

Exclamation Unconscious Bridge Spread

From psychological theory unconscious can not be accessed directly, we have to wait for it to manifest through associations, dreams etc, this spread is meant to encourage those manifestations from the unconscious.

Is shaped as a bridge from conscious to unconscious.

----4---3---
--5---1---2

POSITIONS
1- (90 degrees rotated clockwise) "The Resistance"
What is impeding the unconscious to manifest?.

2- What does "Resistance" looks like from conscious point of view?.

3- Image/Asociation to create an instant rapport with unconscious

4- What does "Resistance" looks like from unconscious point of view?.

5- Image for later manifestations: This card message is meant to go directly to our unconscious, we can read it with the group but it's OK if you feel this card has no relation at all, its effects are expected in the near future.

NOTES:
The difference between positions 2 and 4 readings is amazing, you can discover lying to yourself, unlocking an emotion or idea you can work later. Position 3 musn't be read so deeply, work with your first toughts.

Any comments about this spread will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited by Flavio; 17-06-2004 at 09:53.
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
BoPeep 
Resident

Interesting. I'm not sure I completely understand it though. Position 2 - Death
Position 4 - Emporer

What is this telling me? I think Ia m having difficulty understanding how to interpret this spread.

FYI -
1 - VI Wands
3 - IV Swords
5 - VI Cups
BoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Flavio 
Citizen

As I see it, Death in Position 2 shows conscious fear to changes brought by a succesful manifestation of your self esteem or a important message from your unconsciuos mind (Position 1), the Emperar in Position 4 tells me about the struggle between consciuous and inconscious to control your actions or your behaviour regarding the question or situation you asked.

Position 3 and position 5 are meant to be images that your unconscious mind will associate, and hopefully help for insights later or through dreams, when I have used it I got the meaning or association from card 5 at the least expected moments, like driving or cooking, suddenly I realize something that card is trying to express.

Hope it was helpful, in case of doubt please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
lionette 
Citizen

Hi Flavio ~

Getting ready to try your spread. Confused about the #1 position and the rotation. You say 90 degrees clockwise, which flips the card into a reversed position. Should be read as reversed? Why the rotation?
lionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Kahlie 
Citizen

90 degrees means laying on it's side, if you go 180 degrees, then it's reversed

Example: in an L the two sides are 90 degrees on each other.
Kahlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
lionette 
Citizen

Red face

oops -- I knew that, really, honestly, I did!

I feel awfully silly now!

Last edited by lionette; 06-07-2004 at 06:29.
lionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Flavio 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by lionette
Why the rotation?
Card rotation is for aesthetic reasons only
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
BoPeep 
Resident

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavio
As I see it, Death in Position 2 shows conscious fear to changes brought by a succesful manifestation of your self esteem or a important message from your unconsciuos mind (Position 1), the Emperar in Position 4 tells me about the struggle between consciuous and inconscious to control your actions or your behaviour regarding the question or situation you asked.

Position 3 and position 5 are meant to be images that your unconscious mind will associate, and hopefully help for insights later or through dreams, when I have used it I got the meaning or association from card 5 at the least expected moments, like driving or cooking, suddenly I realize something that card is trying to express.

Hope it was helpful, in case of doubt please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
So this spread is kind of a way to unleash some things that you aren't aware of regarding a specific situation? The answers/guidance/advice aren't necessarily in the cards, just something to start probing the unconscious?

Am I getting it?
Bo
BoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Flavio 
Citizen

Your understanding is correct. That is why positions 3 and 5 do not have a meaning as we are used to. It worked for me, hope this spread can help someone else.

Best Regards
Old 07-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Ang3343 
Resident

Thumbs up Understood spread immediately, great help

Hi Flavio

Many thanks for this spread. I understood the cards I received immediately; it's made a lot of things clearer to me.

I'm writing a novel, and am resisting working on it, but don't really know why.

I used the Universal Waite, so Card 1, the Queen of Cups, with the bemused queen staring at the cup made a lot of sense. :-)

My Card 2, which was the 7 of Pentacles, is also exactly what I feel like.

Card 3 was the 10 of Pentacles.

Card 4 was the Ace of Cups, which makes me feel a bit sheepish, because I've been receiving the 4 of Cups consistently in spreads for several weeks.

And Card 5 is the High Priestess.

Lovely spread. A validation of my feelings, along with a kick in the butt. :-)

Thanks again. I'll save this spread --- I'm the Queen of Resistance. I get lots of inspirations, but they tend to fizzle out on me. I can see myself using this spread a lot. I feel as if a load has been lifting from my mind, and am looking forward to getting back to work on my novel.

Angela
Ang3343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today