Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Kittaine 
Citizen

Between-two-options spread

I had to make this when a friend asked me to give him insight regarding two courses of action--only one of which he could take. Before I could give him the reading, turned out his problem was already solved. So I never got to use this spread.

I have a feeling somebody else already thought of something like this. I'm posting this anyway. Hehe. ^^

*********7*8*9*********
*******5*******6*******
******3*********4******
*****1***********2*****

1 - The nature of the first option/what the querent feels about first option

2 - The nature of the second option/what the querent feels about second option

3 - Consequences/negative aspect/drawbacks of first option

4 - Consequences/negative aspect/drawbacks of second option

5 - Rewards/Positive aspect of first option

6 - Rewards/Positive aspect of second option

7, 8, 9 - Three-card advice

Originally I thought this spread could only be applied to situations where the person can only choose one option. But then, who knows, it might be better for him to integrate both. So I added the three cards for advice on what the best thing to do is.

Also, this spread assumes that the options, if one takes them, come with drawbacks and rewards. They may not be immediately apparent, but they could occur in the future as a result of taking the option.

Hope this spread makes sense. If not, I can always do some more tweaking.

Last edited by Kittaine; 04-07-2004 at 17:56.
Kittaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
ferrous 
life is a journey, not a destination

Thumbs up

That looks good, Kittaine. I'm going to record that one in my little notebook of spreads.
ferrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
BoPeep 
Resident

I have a use for this spread today. I will let you know how it turns out so you can see if it needs to be tweaked or if it is perfect the way it is...

BoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Ivy Rhiannon 
Citizen

Smile

ty kittaine just the spread i needed. It gave me some good advice. Nice spread!

=^.^=
Ivy Rhiannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
littlehermit 
Citizen

Just tried this on a whim with a co-worker who was looking for advice on a decision she was facing, and got some positive feedback on it - thanks for posting it!
littlehermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
katie_here 
Citizen

Hi Kittaine

this looks like the perfect spread.

I have a querent who wants to know whether to stay with the job she has, or go for another one, bit of a dilemma.

I thought if I do this one, it may help her to weigh up the pro's and con's of each job and hopefully the advice will help her decide what to do.

I'll let you know the feedback.

Katie

Old 17-09-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
katie_here 
Citizen

As promised Kittaine

Here is the feedback from doing your spread.

Thanks Katie this is a really good reading with regards to my job situation and how I am feeling about it all at the moment.

I will print the reading off so that I can refer back to you and have a good think !

so yes, It works!!!! well done.

Old 20-09-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Stregaverde 
Citizen

Great spread!

This was exactly what I was looking for. Excellent spread, I had very good results from it. Having three cards as final advice really helps make the message clear.

It's going to be a keeper in my repertoire--thanks for posting it!

Old 13-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
WanderingFool 
Resident

It's a keeper

I enjoyed reading this spread very much. It is a really great idea because so often there are questions between two specific choices; either/or situations. I used this spread today for a reading regarding two paths I could take with my business, and feel very enlightened by the results and the advice. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Mike

Old 01-10-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
draven_sadawna 
Resident

Thumbs up Just used this one...

I just used this spread for a friend I was reading for and it gave exactly what he needed to know in order to make an informed decision about his situation. Wonderful spread!!
draven_sadawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today