Fantastical SG -- The Sun

inanna_tarot

Normally, i'm not a Sun girl. I tend to by past the card. Probably due to the RW version with a baby on a horse - i dont do babies, i dont do horses. Sunflowers are alright but still not enough for me to really like a card.

Boy this card i LOVE.

The dude to me looks like hes been hidden for a while and comes back to live and flexes every muscle in a huge throw your head back arch sort of thing. He's wild and ready to take on whatever he can because he knows he can do it!.
This card really gives off heat. I feel like a kitty cat and i want to bask in this cards glory, its warm, its vibrant. The man looks like a lion, his wild untamed hair (compared to the sleek straight long hair in the deck) looks like a mane and i almost want to hear him roar heehee.
Hmm, maybe it reflects the dawn, when the earth becomes electric with activity because of the warmth and potential of growth of another day. No day is met with oh gawd i've got to do this or that, its WOW another day, i cant wait to get growing again and seeing the bees come to my flower and look at the cute little bunnies. Okay, flowers cant speak like that but.. this card is so optimistic and going with the flow.

The scarf hes got round his neck.. i think it could be snake eating its own tail, the unity sign (sorry forgotten what its called). This dude doesnt need a snake, because he is the personification of what the snake means. He can wear it, turn it into snake shoes, because he gives the push of life for death to follow.

Just a few ideas there lol
Sezo
x

Xarokys

Wow, that's a great description of the Sun card! I don't know what I can add.

I really like this Sun card. It's just so alive! You can feel the heat pouring down on the man, and he's soaking it up, absorbing the energy. The solar winds are blowing his hair. There's a lot of power in this card.

I thought that was a snake around his neck. Maybe it is a scarf, but I'm going to think of it as a snake, just because I like snakes. :) Maybe he was the snake (another shape-shifter?) and that's his old skin that he's shed and now he's a brand new person, finally enjoying a day in the sun.

Becky

inanna_tarot

Snakes also really like to bask in the sunlight. Being reptiles they are dependent on the sun for some bodyheat. Hmm I dont know what that means to me as far as this card goes at the moment, but its something to think upon.
It being a snake is more symbolic and interesting than a scarf lol I'll have to check the LWB to see what it says about it.

If he has just shapeshifted, then its important i think to note how he is still wearing it! The experiences, the lessons etc are still dear to him as hes got the potential to do whatever is necessary.
This dude though, has more of a purpose than the fool - for some reason i keep linking this card to the fool in my head and i'm not sure why! Any suggestions?

Blessings,
Sezo
x

Eco74

Raw power...

I keep looking at this card and I have no way of figuring out if the man is giving off a huge yellow field of energy, or if the sun is rising behind him and he is getting energy from it..

Either way it does not seem to really make a difference.

This card is hot, as in scorching, exposive third degree burns type hot (though that guy sure seems to have a bit of muscle too).

That snake around his neck for me symbolises that outer forces, even ones that are known for squeezing their victims to death through weakening them and preventing them from breathing free, are no match for this energy that he has, or has only just found throug the rising of the sun...

As for a connection with the fool.
I see the fool as completely in tune with the surroundings, someone who is able to turn any way and create any opportunity.
Some of that is evident in this card aswell..

The untamed feeling is also present in both cards, which is another link..

Maly

The Sun -

To me, its as if this person is the Sun. He is the maker and controller of it.

He is all "frayed" out. His hair is all out, and he seems to be soaking in the heat.

He also bears a snake on his shoulder. Which I canot figure out the importance of.

Even though this is a major, and tells a story, I canot speak of much about it.

inanna_tarot

sun in a reading

This card came up in a reading for my friend the other day (first face to face reading!! go me!).
In the reading it was a very empowering card and my friend loved it! I said she could draw on this card, think about it and use it as something to draw strength from. Other cards in the spread helped her but this was THE card for her. Definately a good push she needed.
Before the reading i let her have a riffle through the cards and she was impressed with this deck! Maybe i'll get her one as a gift :p Ahh i love 'converting' people

Blessings,
Sezo
x