Fantastical SG-- Two of Cups

inanna_tarot

Yo folks, its Fantastical time again :p

Two of Cups -
Awww *gets a sick bucket* I'm not into soppy. This is a soppy card. All this card needs are the flowers to be replaced with love hearts and we would be in so much mush i'd be drowning. However, this card lifts my heart abit. The flowers, remind me of daisies. Flowers of innocence and pulling at them going 'he loves me, he loves me not'. This is about the first spurt of energy in a relationship. Where you are just looking at each other and really appreciating the newness of this person. Theres so much to learn and see about them and you just wish you had the time to be with them alll day. This is sounding like my relationship with tarot cards, but its all good :) This is a love that is balanced, both feel the same way and reach other eachother, with their sleeves and the stuff out of the cups. This reminds me again of the Kenco coffee adverts, maybe they are a couple after a really good date who are having coffee and even the steam from the hot drinks are meeting eachother. A card of unity, but will it last?!

Eco74

Actually...

I didn't find this card soppy at all..

I did see a definite connection between the couple, like they are too busy staring into eachothers eyes to bother communicating anything other than "leave us alone, we're busy" but when gazing a little longer and gaining their attention they....

...well, actually they still didn't have anything to say but their darting glances told me that they would oblige in readings, but could I please just leave them alone now because they really had nothing to say to me right now and when they did, they would let me know...

This really is a facinating deck... :eek:)

What I get out of the artwork itself is perfect unity.
A match made in.. wherever one feels good things come from...

They belong there, even their cups belong there and rise steam in perfect unison. There is no interruption, no holdbacks and no hesitation, but at the same time there is some stagnation, as if they are frozen in eachothers eyes and can not move away.
- Not that they seem to want to...

That sense of it though depicts the negative side of the card quite well, being the risk of the unity taking over and effectively erasing the duality of the two individuals that a relationship should be built on.

inanna_tarot

Very good points there Eco my friend!
I find all cups cards soppy because i just like to think that because otherwise i'll go all sentimental. I know I know, so young and so cynical but i do over do it sometimes.

Actually, they do look very right for eachother, very deep in luurrrve and rather than other people saying 'get a room', they are saying 'get out of here, youve no business here'. THOUGH i agree with you , that if they turned up in a reading, then there would be a reason for you and the querent to be allowed to sneek at their happiness and a warning to be in love but retain your individuality. Be part of a couple than just one half of a duo (if you see what i mean).

Great to have you and your insights on board Eco!

Blessings,
Sezo
x

Eco74

Not to worry dear..

You'll grow out of that "soppy" one of these days and see things a little differently I'm sure.

But one indeed does well to remember that a couple is made up of two people and not just the one unity. Keep that in mind and you'll be able to handle soppy just fine the day it comes along.
*smiles*

inanna_tarot

OMG i had a dream about this card last night.
I dreamt i was showing this card to my dad, and then, for the first time that i've ever seen, he got all creative.
Rather than the couple with the rising steam whatever, he drew two swans, whos head's met together to make a heart shape. It was so beautiful!! It was all done at a very creative funny angle. BUT my mum wasnt happy because he had done this bit of creativity on the back door! Hmm now what does that symbolise eh?
My boyfriend (whos a sort of artist) wanted to crack open some paints and do another one like my dad's but change it in some way, i cant remember how, but i said to leave it and not to replicate it for the moment. The water shimmered the swans looked like they were in love, so pure and innocent and deep.

Its definately given me much clearer picture of this card - well done deck and dreams :)

I also had another dream about getting the sack - i hope that doesnt happen!! :S

Blessings,
Sezo
x

Eco74

Wow...

Why don't I get dreams like that???

Swans mate for life so the choice is made forever once it has been made.

And being painted on the backdoor?
Well, that either significates the "way out" that they couple allow oneanother, OR more drastically that the love is for the freedom allowed in the relationship and maybe not so much for the relationship in itself.
As if they are happy when they are together but at the same time feel that they need to breathe every now and then, both understanding eachothers needs the backdoor is always open for whosoever needs to exit for a while and open still when the person returns.

Sortof like the feeling of "I stay with you because I choose to, but at any time either of us is free to leave" which is really the card at it's very best...

Your dad did make a very beautiful replication of the 2 cups card even if it was just in your dreams.. I'm very impressed. :eek:)

Maly

Hmmmmmm, just recieved the deck :p
This shall also be my first real study of the cards.

I too personaly dont care for the cups.

When I look at the artwork, i see two people of which is definite they have feelings for each other. I noticed that the two cups, sprouted what looked to me as a tree made of gas/air. Theis card is also symetrical, besides the color and actual people. They seem speachless.

I have not looked at meanings yet, except for tommarrow when I start Daily Card, but I believe this card is for everlasting, or deals with time. The tree to me seems as if it could be an oak, or a plant, with an everlasting/long time of life. It seems as if the two people represent that, with the growing tree's, going to be in love forever until the end.

Please give me feedback :p
First actual study
GREAT DECK!!!! WOOHOOO

Little Baron

Hey Maly!!

It's great to see that you have jumped straight into the world of the Fantastical, and of course, the tarot.

It's also good to see you using your inyuition without reading the books meanings - you're already reading the deck straight out. I think that is a great way to start; interpreting meanings like you are brings fresh responses to the cards and what groups like this are all about. We all have the lwb to go with the deck. If that was the one and only meaning given to the '2 of cups' there would be no need for a forum like this. Saying that; however, it is important to learn the meanings associated to each card but as advice, don't get too hung up on trying to memorise them and let your own feelings and interpretations mix amongst those offered by others. Thats what makes you an individual tarot reader.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Eco74

Ooooh Trees!!!

I read a fantasyseries way back (Belgarath/Belgarion? I forget.) where a symbol of marriage was to plant two trees that grew around eachother as they matured, so that both trunks caressed eachother.

In light of that I really like the tree-take on it.
Creating something together, something that grows from both parts involved, actually creating something as a legacy..
Very nice take..

Say Maly, could you try getting a take on the card meaning without reading the meaning in the LWB first and only look after you have a feel of the card?
If you get results like this on all cards this studygroup will turn out to be verrry interesting indeed. :eek:)

Maly

Actually, that is what I have exactly been doing. :p

I fear to do the meaning in the beggining, to disrupt my intuition. This way, I can learn to follow my Inner Guide, but yet learn the meanings of the card.