Fantastical SG -- 3 of Swords

inanna_tarot

Just picked this card at random.

I am surprised at the omission of the heart - the 'typical' 3 of swords.
The woods seem to be in a clearing, which is usually a wonderful sight in a wood, but it seems dank, depressive and feeling empty. The mist and the real presense of Air (which i dont really get in the 'typical' 3 of Swords) is quite overpowering and by looking at this card i feel as though i need a jumper on! Its not a friendly place.
The Swords are coming to a central point, which in the right light, looks clearer and without the mist than the rest of the scene does. A sign of a cutting away, an evalutation of the pain and seeing that all isnt really as bad as it seems, and clearing the mist and fog of the mind to let you see the joy and happiness of this place. Perhaps if the swords aided some more cleaning up, then we could see the sunshine through this clearing and see its potential and beauty.

What do you think?

Blessings,
Sezo
x

Eco74

This card needs no heart...

Partly because the 3 of Swords is alot about loosing heart, which is pretty much the essense of this card.
There is a faint heartshape if one allows the points of the sword to form the dip in the top and the somewhat softly rounded grass to form the base.

I also seem some figures in the cart.
The last couple of minutes I've seen a winged frog holding a staff, a mushroompatch and a lizard poking it's tounge out at the swords that can't quite reach him... Funny card for being about heartbreak and sorrow.

The nature surrounding the "heart" of the card is aso a bit dualistic.
The trees seem more shrouded in mist than dead, and the grass is fresh and green with two white flowers lighting up the scene.
Again, I find comfort in this card, as in so many in this deck.

The basis, where the swords have not reached, is still fresh and fertile, which indicates that inspite of the heartache and lack of emotion one gets sometimes when it hurts too much to ignoledge there is still a base for new happiness and it is constantly growing, feeding the empty space and providing nourishment to the damaged heart. Maybe even sprouting vines to help bind the pieces of the heart together and allow it to heal..