Fantastical SG -- The Moon

inanna_tarot

First impression GORGEOUS!
I really love how Hertz has gone out of her own into this deck and isnt just another clone. All these cards seem to be fully of dedication and study.
Although this card is wonderful to look at, it lacks the usual hidden depths that the other cards do.
A blue woman (perhaps a Moon Goddess) is looking up at a night sky. Her colour blue, relates to the waters and sensitivity of the Moon. Her jewellery etc looks very modern and tribal looking and i think this is the first time i've seen someone with a nose piercing in a tarot deck! Her modern look, reminds me a bit of Madonna (or Esther is that?), someone who changes her appearence, looks hip and cool and is slightly deceptive as she doesnt wear what she pleases, but what will look good for others to see, for fashion etc, her dress is the reflection of her time (or the Sun) and although seems shallow there is an intelligence and a spark there that you can not deny.
The moon though here seems to be in a near or nearly total eclipse. More of the usual thoughts of the deceptive moon, only reflecting the light of the sun, and that night time is only an illusion for even at night there is sun, even in this woman of darkness, there is intelligence with this sensitivity.

What do you think??

Blessings,
Sezo
x

Eco74

Pretty...

Oh, goodness, there are little moons everywhere!! *glee*

I like it... Alot!
The color, the softness of the light coming from the moon and reflecting off that huge crecent s/he seems to carry on the shoulder.
All those little glittery moons just seem so light and helpful and encouraging...

BUT then there is the moon that holds his/her hair back.
Thatone seems like a sneaky little bit that is very likely to whisper falsly into the ear of whomever wears it... Meaning that while the moon does shed light and guids our steps towards our dreams, it can also show us things in "faded light" and make us believe that which is not necessarily so good for us.
So, while definately enjoying the light, the gleam and the beauty of the moon, we should be weary of falsehoods whispered in our ears by the faded light.

A time where things that seem to good to be true quite possibly are...

As for the person in the card s/he seems very calm, cleansed and pure of mind (potentially making him or her a very easy target for that little cheeky whisperer).

inanna_tarot

Hmm so a sort of innocent like the fool? naive?
Or maybe just not knowing that people would decieve him/her?

Or, it could be that s/he knows so of those ways, being of the night and seeing the nasty things that bump around in the darkness, but choses to look the other way, see those things as eyes playing tricks on you.. again, though we are in a fantastical land.

A few things to ponder about there for me.

EDITED TO ADD;
i've just had a quick walk, a ponder in the darkness myself and a thought came to me.
He/She can not be decieved. Being part of the dark side of the world, there are so many things that with using eyes alone could lead to deception. HOWEVER, as this individual is a creature of the night, s/he relies on intuition, on gut instincts and that which goes beyond normal sight. This enables one to live in the darkness without being duped, learning to trust and rely on instinct and intuition before assumptions and prejudices etc.

What do you think?

Sezo
x

Eco74

Innocent? No, creatures of the night, and the moon in particular are certainlly not innocent.

Naive? No, not that either, though depending on how the whisper is put forth. I think that the little whisperer is as easily ignored as lights from windows, harmless sounds from the undergrowth and several other things of less importance.

Aware that there are decievers? Yes, and also aware that s/he is as potential a deciever as any other.

I sense a certain awareness of the light/shadow-play and knowledge that not everything is seen correctly in soft light.
Still there is the active choice of not leaving the realm of soft light, as many things are more comfortable to handle that way.

There is no deception such as the one that is chosen by the decepted...