VWH "Just the Facts" spread

augursWell

Okay, so here is my first posted spread. I don't know if it's already out there someplace (let me know if it is) but there are probably other variations of it also. It is basically the who, what, when, where, why, how question laid out as a spread. I'd appreciate any thoughs, feedback, etc. It seems like a very direct spread those times that I've used it.

First, a break down of the Title:
V - the roman numeral 5. The influence of the Hierophant on the spread.
W - the five "w" words as listed above.
H - the word "How" which is the only word that doesn't begin with a "w".

Also, all the words begin with "wh" except the last "How" so using "WH" in the title seems appropriate.

*1*2*3*4*5*
*****6*****

1. Who - who is involved in the situation.
2. What - what does the situation involve.
3. Why - why did this situation happen.
4. When - when did the events take place.
5. Where - where did the events take place.
6. How - how did this event/situation come about.

Who and What are on one side since they are Person and Object and When and Where are on the other since they are Place and Time. Why and How make up the central axis as this is the real answer to the question.

Ace

I like this one! I will keep it in mind! Very direct for finding out the truth of a situation.

rebelhorse

Thanks augursWell !

A great spread :)

After reading your post, I tried this spread for myself....twice actually, one i read regarding an ex boyfreind and the other regarding a recent 'falling out' with a very close friend....I agree with Ace, it really does get to the heart of the matter...it was very direct indeed- Ouch!! haha

its going in my lttle red book of 'hot spreads'
thanks again
best wishes

augursWell

Thanks for the feedback Ace and rebelhorse. If you get a chance, how did the "What" card work for you? "What" seems a bit ambiguous, it could be an object or an issue or whatever. Any thoughts?

augursWell

Thanks maria42airam,

If the spread leads to any insights on finding the lost glasses could you please post back here on how it went? I'm interested also in how it turns out. :)

Thanks

rebelhorse

hi :)
augursWell
how did the "What" card work for you? "What" seems a bit ambiguous, it could be an object or an issue or whatever. Any thoughts

The way i understood the 'What'in my own reading (relating to a falling out with a very good friend)... i drew the 3 swords.....this told me 'What' the situation involved. we had fallen out because she became insecure and suspicious of me and her man(love of her life)...(seriously, there is nothing between us)a lthough we do/did get on very well-i took this card mean that because she has been hurt so deeply in the past by her ex husband(nothing to do with me..lol!)something had awoken her insecurities and heart break...i think that is 'What' had happened.........this spread even told me where it had happened.......3cups..girls night out!! ooeerrrrr!
hope this made sense haha! ;)
very best wishes x
p.s....about your sunglasses, i have a theory!! haha but i'll post it on the appropriate thread if you havnt found them yet x

Wisp Wings

First, a break down of the Title:
V - the roman numeral 5. The influence of the Hierophant on the spread.
W - the five "w" words as listed above.
H - the word "How" which is the only word that doesn't begin with a "w".

Hello AugursWell:

I understand due to the 5 "W" words how you arrived at the Hierophant. Does he influence this spread in any way though? I guess I mean other than this. Does he rule over this spread or do you think of him while reading the spread and/or does it hold an additional meaning if he shows up in the reading?

One of the thoughts I see where he can apply is with five following the stability of four it brings about unsettled, unbalanced, and changed circumstances...."upsetting the apple cart", so to speak. Possibily the very reason for the "W,W,W,W,W & H". :)

augursWell

Well, I tend to think of the Hierophant as a rather bereucratic, dogmatic sort of person who deals with the letter of the law, so to speak. In other words, a just the facts sort of attitude, unwilling to really look outside the written word as it's been laid down. A kind of "just fill out this form in triplicate and go to the end of that line over there" sort of attitude. Kind of like your typical University Professor. That was partly why I said he had influence over the spread.

The other reason was that there are five "wh"'s and he happens to be the fifth arcana. :D

I don't really think of the Hierophant whenever using the spread except in the way I described. I suppose if he showed up in the spread that might be an indication but it hasn't happened to me yet so I can't say. It would depend on the other cards in the spread.

Wisp Wings

Thank you for the reply. This makes sense with me more now. I think often I tend to have a more positive spin on the Heirophant (as helpful to the peasants in the middle-ages). But I can also see him having to follow the structure of the red-tape that envelopes this as well. So I can see, "Just the Facts". I think I equally view him as I stated above and also as structured social environments such as you wrote of like Ed.

Wisp Wings... having just put on those studious spectacles, while gathering pen and paper from her treach coat, rain dripping from the rim of her hat, says "Just the facts please, just the facts."

LOL