Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

noby 
Citizen

Celtic Heart spread by Valerie Sim-Behi

In my initial tarot explorations on the Net, I found the American Tarot Association's wonderful site and enjoyed perusing it, particularly the archives of their newsletter, Tarot Reflections.

During my explorations, I came across this wonderful relationship spread by Valerie Sim-Behi. I find that it's a very in-depth and insightful spread, which gives more insights because it's very astute as to what the nature of a relationship really is.

Valerie writes:

Though I am not an expert on relationships, I firmly believe that the best relationships are those in which he, she, and the relationship itself all grow, both individually and in tandem. I consider the relationship itself to be an entity and believe that forgetting that can be a huge mistake. She needs to grow into herself, he needs to become the man he was meant to be, and together, if they are mutually dedicated to the union and are willing to work on it, the relationship should mature and blossom. Well, that’s my theory <g>… and the premise upon which this spread was based. (The choice of pronouns used herein is conventional, but by no means judgmental, and this spread works equally well for he/he and she/she relationships.)

I find this a very insightful way to examine a relationship. It's not just a matter of who two people are on their own, but the "gifts" they give each other, the aspects of the other each person brings out, the challenges they give each other, and importantly, it's also about the entity the relationship itself becomes. What characterizes the relationship? What is it based on? And so on.

Sorry if someone's already posted a link to this spread before, I did a search and didn't find a thread where it was mentioned, and I thought it was too good not to share.
noby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Alissa 
Citizen

The spread, as copied from the web link :
Quote:
Here are the spread positions:

Her
1 – Her basic soul self now
2 – Pressing issues, positive and negative
3 – Her gift from him
4 – Her gift to him
5 – Personal soul growth necessary for her

Him
6 – His basic soul self now
7 – Pressing issues, positive and negative
8 – His gift to her
9 – His gift from her
10 – Personal soul growth necessary for him

The Relationship
11 – Snapshot of the infant relationship
12 – Bond/the karmic tie that binds
13 – Lessons for relationship growth
14 – Lessons for relationship growth
15 – Lessons for relationship growth
16 – Blessing for the future (Note: This card can be indicative of a wonderful experience / lesson or of one that is viewed as negative at the time, but either way it will ultimately be realized as beneficial.)
Umbrae's Relationship Spread is very similar in it's method of addressing a relationship as well, not just the individuals within it. Another great standby for relationship readings.

Thanks for your contribution, noby!

Old 17-09-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
WalesWoman 
Citizen

I tried out this spread this morning and thought it gave me insights into some things I had lost sight of. I like it.

Old 14-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Josh 
Citizen

Lightbulb Great looking spread

This spread looks like it will be a very good spread and i am very interested in trying it!!! I will tell you how i think it turned out after i finish it.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
amaretta 
Resident

I found that wonderful spread a few days ago and now I have a question about position 11. What does 'snapshot of the infant relationship' actually mean? I am Russian, so I'm not sure that I did understood it quite well.

Last edited by amaretta; 24-04-2006 at 03:38.
amaretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Yora 
Citizen

Probably something like how it is right now or at which point it is.
Yora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
flyingphoenix 
Citizen

I just married last year. I wasn't brave enough to do a reading for my relationship. But I am going to try this one tonight. This is not a "Yes, he loves me" or "No, we have no future" spread, it will help me to understand my relationship with my husband and provide me suggestion to improve our current relationship. I am not scared of knowing there's something I can do to make the relationship better

Old 02-02-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
devilslyric 
Resident

I stumbled on this one a little while ago and have used it a few times. Highly recommended!
devilslyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Roewyn 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaretta
I found that wonderful spread a few days ago and now I have a question about position 11. What does 'snapshot of the infant relationship' actually mean? I am Russian, so I'm not sure that I did understood it quite well.
Hi! I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone still needed clarification a "Snapshot of an infant relationship" basically means a momentary look at a brand new relationship. The term infant referring to infancy, beginning stages. Snapshot, well kinda like a photo.

I am learning Turkish currently so I understand how the lingo of American English and European English is rather different from each other, as well as lingo in other cultures. That is probably one of the hardest things to become accustomed to.. you can say something in english and translate it to turkish, (or any other language for that matter) and they could have no clue as to what you are trying to say.. lol..

Just my 2 cents (ha! another example.. I have seen that posted here as 2 p) currency exchange.. lol.

yeah im a dork! lol

"Trauma and Tragedy. These often mark the beginning of a soul's ability to mature. Lessons learned by the soul are sometimes quickly forgotten by our earthly minds, thus hardship is required to relearn the lesson."

Roewyn <3
Roewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
amaretta 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roewyn
I am learning Turkish currently so I understand how the lingo of American English and European English is rather different from each other
...and my native Russian is completely different from both
Thank you very much, Roewyn!!!

amaretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today