Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Paradox 
Resident

Past Spread?

Okay, I've been doing tarot for a few months now, and i'm interested in doing a past spread. I don't know which one to use though, so this thread is about...

What spread is the best for someone interested in making sense/understanding past events and realizing their 'real' meaning?

Good luck with this one
and a preemptive thank you

Old 18-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Phoenix Feather 
Resident

Here's a link to my favorite past lives spread. http://anjastarot.dk/spreads/pastliv...power-past.htm

It's pretty simple and very informative ^_^

enjoy!

~Phoenix

Old 18-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
lunalafey 
Citizen

You just gave me something for me to create another spread.
That and health (among others not yet thoguht of) are two issues I have yet to address.
I will be back with what I have come up with.

edited to add
Oh- are you talking about the past in this life time? or a pastlife, I did a past-life key spread already, which is at the same site that PF posted.

I'm still going to do one for an indepth look at the past events of this lifetime (chilhood stuff maybe) and how they effect us currently. Universe knows I have quite the life to test such a spread.

Last edited by lunalafey; 18-10-2004 at 12:54.
lunalafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Paradox 
Resident

oh thanks lunalafey, I meant past events in this lifetime, not pastlives.

Old 19-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
tarotlova 
Citizen

Red face Past Spread

I have one for you, Lay out three rows of seven cards the first row represents Lifes past mission and purpose, the second row represents Lifes present mission and purpose and the last one is Lifes future mission and purpose. You might have to get some one else to interpret this reading for you as it is hard to be objectional, I got this reading from The Complete Idiots Guide to Tarot & Fortune Telling despite the title it is a great book for beginners. Good Luck

Old 19-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
lunalafey 
Citizen

I made one right on the spot, practically, after making my post.
I did two 'test' readings with it. His was way more intense than mine- so here it is and let me know how it goes if you use it.

---10--11--12---
------8----9------
---------7---------
---------6---------
-----4-----5------
--1-----2-----3--

1-2-3 are all Enviroment/Event cards
4- Male; open to masculine energies, father or father figures etc.
5- Female;
6- State of Heart- emotions
7- State of Mind- thoughts and attitudes
8- Positive influences (pos. can also be male energies)
9- Negitive influences (can also represent the feminine)
10-11-12 are all Enviroment/Effects cards

note- the hourglass shape deals with both the past and the current. The bottom is much like a mirror to the bottom with the exception of the heart and mind cards.

card positions 4 & 8 are basically the same representations-
and 5 & 9 are like 4 & 8 but is feminine in nature.
(not finding the words to explain how that interchange works right now)

the groups of three cards are pretty much cause and effect.
Much of who we are today deals with what we had to deal with in the past. So the events we faced while a child or in a old relationship, changes who we are and how we deal with certain situations. The bottom deals with the events, the cause. The top cards is what has become of those events, the effects.

Old 19-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Chronata 
Dreaming...Professionally

That's a really great spred, Luna!

I have another one here, which came to me last night, before sleep (also in that hourglass shape...how synchronicitious!)

*3*4*
**5**
*1*2*

1. The Emotion....How have the past events affected my current thought patterns, and emotional responses?

2. The Burden...What in the past needs to be let go of?

3. The Gift...What worthy memories will I take from my past? What is there to be nostalgic about?

4. The NOW...What parts from this past still need to be adressed...and what will I continue to work on in the future?

5. The Lesson...What is the final lesson I have learned from all that has come before? What has made me wiser, stronger, and more adaptable?

Old 20-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
lunalafey 
Citizen

ooh- that's a quick cool one.
I might have to use that one for a more recient past and see what the scoop is.
I don't know what it is but when I create a spread it's so very hard to keep it under 7 cards. Most that I have made are 7. Few with 8 & 10...or better, one with 22- yikes! that's the pastlife key spread. But the master number fits such a topic.

Old 20-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Kissa 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by Chronata
I have another one here, which came to me last night, before sleep (also in that hourglass shape...how synchronicitious!)

*3*4*
**5**
*1*2*

1. The Emotion....How have the past events affected my current thought patterns, and emotional responses?

2. The Burden...What in the past needs to be let go of?

3. The Gift...What worthy memories will I take from my past? What is there to be nostalgic about?

4. The NOW...What parts from this past still need to be adressed...and what will I continue to work on in the future?

5. The Lesson...What is the final lesson I have learned from all that has come before? What has made me wiser, stronger, and more adaptable?
i love this one! not too many cards (better for lousy-tarot-reading-always-interrupted-home moms like me!)... i wonder if i could use it for a past life reading instead of "past" reading...

thanks for sharing!

kissa
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today