Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

lunakasha 
Ghost Whiskerer

Advice Spread/Pairing Two Decks

I wanted to try something new for my first Halloween reading, so I designed a simple spread that involves using two different decks...I called it my Advice Spread and it looks like this:

**********9*10*********
****3*4***1*2***7*8****
**********5*6**********

There are five different positions (ten cards) in the spread, two cards read together for each position: Issue/Advice

The idea of this spread is to use two different decks:
the first deck is used for the odd-numbered cards (1,3,5,7,9) and these cards represent the current issue for that position.

These cards are paired with a second card from another deck, the even-numbered cards (2,4,6,8,10) and these represent advice on how to deal with that particular issue.

For example: Card 1 is the "current situation" or main issue that the querent is dealing with, and Card 2 offers advice on how to address that issue. I will describe each position and the cards that were used in each of them.

Here are the positions/meanings for the spread:

1. Current situation
2. Advice
3. Internal Obstacles/Fears
4. Advice
5. Subconscious Desires/Hopes
6. Advice
7. External Obstacles/Challenges
8. Advice
9. Outcome
10. Advice

I decided to use Vargo's Gothic Tarot for the first deck and Madame Endora's Fortune Cards for the second one, mainly because I felt that these cards would complement one another visually...I was pleased to discover that these decks worked extremely well together in this reading.

I wanted to share this spread here....would love feedback if anyone decides to try it out...thanks!!!

Luna

Last edited by lunakasha; 03-11-2004 at 02:37.
lunakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Gardener 
Citizen

Hi Luna!

Just discovered this post of yours and am rushing off to try it out. I looooooooooooooove using multiple decks in a reading, and I can't wait to see how it works with one deck commenting upon another. Which pair to try???? I'm almost tempted to use Dan's Soul Cards as the advice deck...

-- The Talmud
Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Alissa 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunakasha
I decided to use Vargo's Gothic Tarot for the first deck and Madame Endora's Fortune Cards for the second one, mainly because I felt that these cards would complement one another visually...I was pleased to discover that these decks worked extremely well together in this reading.
I've done comparative readings (not quite like yours with this neat spread though! ) with these 2 decks myself. I find they work well together also, and, due to the fact the cards are cut the same dimension and of the same cardstock, they fit well together. (I even keep these 2 decks in the same bag together when not in use!)

Old 10-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Dolphin_Dreamer 
Citizen

OOOOOOoooooohhh Just what I've been looking for! I forgot to look in the tarot spread index... This is great and I'll give it a try

Thanky

"It isn't intuitive ease I'm after, but rather a point of view which is sufficiently definite to clear up some difficulties and that can be rationally criticized..."/"...in math you don't understand things, you just get used to them" --Karl Popper/John von Neumann
Dolphin_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
majah kahlana 
Citizen

Luna,
Just gave this spread a try for a reading for a friend. I used the Flower Speaks Tarot with the Celtic Dragon Tarot. I laid out the Celtic Dragon Tarot for the odd numbers and the Flower Speaks for the even numbers as I think its really interesting how well the FS worked as the advice cards. It was much more specific for the advice section than I felt a different Tarot deck would have been. I havent heard back from her about the reading as of yet but I really enjoyed using it. I have plans to use if for a couple of personal questions.
One of the things I am going to try is using it as a Tarot/Oracle deck combination. I have just about as many oracle decks as I do Tarot decks so it will be fun to see some of the different combinations.
Anyway, its a terrific spread and I will let you know how it worked out for my friend as soon as she sends me the feedback.
HUGS
MK

Old 10-09-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today