Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Vespertine 
Resident

Question reading for someone online?

Hey~

I've gotten kinda interested in doing tarot readings for some of my online buddies. I figured it would be a good way for me to learn to do readings for other people (i've only done them for myself) without having to feel as intimidated as i probably would if i was doing it in person.

What do you guys think? Is reading for people through the internet okay, or is it something I should avoid (someone told me i shouldn't do it)?

Thanks a bunch!

AOL IM- Vespertine721
Yahoo IM- beatnik_bro
Vespertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
SherryZoned 
Citizen

you should check out the Reading exchange..it is ok to do them online..
SherryZoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Vespertine 
Resident

Unhappy

RedWood~

Heh...heh...after i posted that question, i found the Reading Exchange boards...guess that cleared my question up :-\

I was just wondering if it was okay to do them online because I asked a net buddy about it, and he said that online readings aren't a good idea. Go Fig :-\

Thanks a lot!!!

AOL IM- Vespertine721
Yahoo IM- beatnik_bro
Vespertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
destinyawaitsme 
Citizen

Well, I've done readings online for a while. The reading itself isn't a problem, but some times you run into some pesky people. Which I guess that's true whether you are doing them in person or not. I thinkt he Reading Exchange is a great place to start and you'll have a more understanding audience here than anywhere else.

Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
zorya 
of the woods

you might want to check out this thread;
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5308

Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
wavebreaker 
wysiwyg

Hi Vespertine,

Whether online readings are a good idea or not is a very personal thing. For some people it works fine, for others it doesn't (as you can read in the thread that zorya has linked to).
So just give it a try to see whether it works for you!

Good luck!

Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Alex 
Resident allien

Wink my take

Sincerely speaking I don't know about the process of "choosing the cards" and how one's presence affects the cards draw.

I can say, however, that having the person face-to-face adds a lot to the interpretation of the cards. Non-verbal cues add some to the knowledge we have of the other. The person's input too adds to the interpretation.

However, I've had people throwing a reading for me over the NET and the spreads they got were surely mine. The interpretations are not always very good but I attribute that to two things: lack of background information and input during the reading and sometimes lack of time and mental organization to put the interpretation in written. Believe it or not some people cannot write down their ideas in a consistent and clear way.

Hope that has added some to the discusison.

Old 17-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Sorceress_Jade 
Citizen

ur friend may have also been referring to the automated readings that you can get at some websites.

Old 18-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Alex 
Resident allien

Red face Alex.

That's true, she was initially. Uhm, the problem I've had with these sites is that the interpreation is often a row of keywords and frases of a limited scope. If you know how to read the cards, the online algoriths aren't so bad.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorceress_Jade
ur friend may have also been referring to the automated readings that you can get at some websites.

Old 18-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
divinerguy 
Citizen

I've probably done 200-300 online readings. Its fun, you can help someone who can't afford an in-person reading, and if you do it by e-mail, you can really put some thought into the reading.

Old 18-07-2002 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today