You guys have been so helpful to me so far, I thought I'd share a simple spread I've been using for interpersonal relationships - designed more for romantic ones than familial/platonic, but I suppose it could work with any two people
* 3. **
7. 4. 5. 9.
1. Querent - past: this represents experiences (or in most readings I've done with this, it turns out to be a person) in the querent's past.
2. significant other - past: same as above but for the querent's lover. the first two cards generally represent things/people BEFORE the relationship.
3. Relationship - present: this represents the general atmosphere of the relationship right now.
*influences - querent: this is optional and represents the forces the querent is putting into the relationship to create #3.
**influences - sig. other: same as * but for the other person.
4. other person - future: this represents people, expereiences, future for the sig. other.
5. querent - future: this represents the querent's future.
6. clarification card for 4; it represents future if the two remain together.
7. clarification card for 4; it represents future if the relationship ends.
8 &9. correspond to 6 & 7, but refer to the querent.
I've found this very useful to me because it's pretty simple and to the point (nice for a beginner like me!).