New to Runes?

Umbrae

If you are new to Runes, you will want to seek out the entries in the Rune Study Group.

To find the older threads (in the Study Group), scroll to the bottom of the page (the main Rune Forum Page - not this page).

There are three boxes with pull down menus (little arrows that point ‘down’).

The far right hand box will be titled, “last day”. Click the ‘down’ arrow, scroll down, indicate “last year or the beginning”, and click ‘go’.

Now more (right below the box) pages will appear, containing all the posts ever entered. Seek out the Runes by name, and print each thread for a complete ‘book’ on Runes (the information is much higher quality than what you can buy).

Red Emma

Runes

Umbrae, you tuned right into my band width. Two years ago my granddaughter gave me a set for Christmas. I checked some books out of the library, but they were dense and dull, badly written. I hated to buy any until I had some indication of what is good vs not so good.

Thanks,

Red Emma

ladycj

Thanks. I've been on this site for a while, but never really knew how to get to the old threads. Learn something new everyday!

Esmeralda

Are runes hard to learn?

Are they??

SpiritualSeeker

Re Rune Study Group

Hi, Umbrae

I'm new here so bear with me. I can't find a Rune Study Group in the Study Group section. How do I get there?

Thanks

raeanne

SpiritualSeeker,
This is the Rune study group. We had enough interested people to get a section of our own. I'm glad to see more new people interested in Runes! Welcome.

SpiritualSeeker

Thanks, Raeanne

rota

Count me in too. I'll be lurking about, absorbing information, my pale eyes gleaming like mushrooms in the dark....

:)

(I''m new to runes, and I'll probably ask stupid questions...)

Deb

Hi Umbrae,
I just recieved my first set of runes yesterday and have now 2 books on them (I have always had an interest but never really pursued it until I came across this site!). I have printed all the threads on the runes that have been posted here, as you suggested, but I seem to be missing some (10 plus the blank one), is that becoz they havent been studied yet or should I check my glasses!!!
Have fun
Deb

Umbrae

Glad to have you here!

Scroll to the top of the page and click “Runes”

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for three boxes that say

sorted by last post time in descending order, from last day

Click on the down arrow to the right of the words “last day” and scroll all the way down to “Beginning”.

Click “Go”.

There are Three pages of posts.

Not all of the Study Group listings were labeled as such (Eihwaz, Jera, Hagalaz, Nied, Ingwaz, Isa). Information on the blank rune is found as The 25th Rune.

There is no historical support for a "Blank Rune" in runic divination. It was invented in the 1980's by a writer named Blum. It should not be used in a rune casting (my opinion only). If you bought a rune set with a blank piece, save it in case you lose another rune piece, but do not use it in rune casting.

Using a blank rune, or inventing your own is akin to inventing letters for the standard Alphabet.

Historically - the runes are the ideographic alphabet of the Norse/Teutonic peoples… So how does one simply 'change' a historical fact?

This in no way insinuates that you should not use a 25th blank rune. If that blank rune speaks to you - if you need it - if you feel it in the core of your being…then use it.

I recently spent a weekend doing rune readings, looking around me at folks doing their healings, and readings…folks doing aura massage, and Reiki…and you know what?

It's all meaningless.

Some folks need the motions, the hand waving, the technological RF modulators and the machines that go beep. A whole group of us were talking and know…we can heal without the 'stuff'…but those we touch, won't change…they need the mumbo jumbo.

I have always said…when you read, it's not about you…

Some folks need a 25th rune.