Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Joywalker 
Citizen

Smile Daily Readings-What Spread to use?

I was told that by doing daily readings,it helps you to know your cards better as well as to understand/focus your energy daily.Can do it either in the morning or before going to bed.

What are the spreads do you use for your own daily readings?
Thanks!

Old 28-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
Kazz 
Citizen

Hi Joywalker,
I pull one card in the evening for my next days card. In the mornings (when I get the time) I use an "event of the day" spread, it is 3 cards.........1.......2.......3, But you could also do this in the evening, its entirely up to you

1 - The event about to happen
2 - How I will feel about it
3 - What I can do about it

Cheers
Kazz

..........."same author"
Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
zorya 
of the woods

every morning i do a three card spread, but i do not use any specific set positions. i just lay out the three cards and use my intuition to tell me what they mean. somedays they show me the morning, afternoon and night. sometimes the center is the core issue, sometimes they just read like a story.

i have a lousy memory, if i tried to do my daily reading the night before, i would still have to get out my journal the next morning to see what it said. lol.

i highly recommend journaling every reading.

Old 28-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
lawguy51 
Citizen

Tarotphelia's Daily Spread

Here's one that I use when I have the time, developed by Tarotphelia. I'll let her explain.....from a previous thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tarotphelia's Daily Spread
I made up this spread because I was dissatisfied with just one card for a day- I like a spread that gives more specifics.

1. What I should do today.

2. What I shouldn't do today.

3. The Unexpected

4. How can I be happy today?

5. Spiritual Advice

1**************4

2**************5

People not might be comfortable asking for so much direction, but I have found it very useful.

There are sometimes relationships between the positions to watch for. For example, if 4 says you would be happy spending money, but 2 says you should'nt be letting loose of any pentacles , you might reconsider! Especially if the card of the unexpected indicates a pentacle crisis of some kind.

The unexpected & the spiritual advice cards can come in very handy to to tip you off to stressful or nice things coming , and give you a direction for how to deal with them the best way.

If the cards are layed out and seem to have no relation to one another, sometimes it is a general message to be taken as a whole, rather than based on the meanings of the positions.

Tarotphelia

Old 28-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
Trogon 
Citizen

Hi Joywalker and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. The layout that I use is a 3-card "pyramid" which I got from http://www.tarotspreads.com/index.ads

1 = Beginning of the day

2 = Peak or main theme of the day

3 = Ending of the day

Though I deal the cards 1-2-3, I usually read them 2-1-3, the "peak" card gives me more insight into how to interpret and put together the other cards.

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]
Trogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
Joywalker 
Citizen

Thanks for the contribution!

I will add all these daily spreads and more,into my new journal!

Old 29-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Keslynn 
Citizen

When I remember to do a daily spread (which isn't very often as of late), I usually just do a one card draw. It's quick and easy and can have a great depth of meaning.

Kes

Old 29-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
Mystica 
Citizen

I use either a 1, 3, or 5 card spread, depending on how much time I have, or what I feel I need for that day.

Am I the only one who does not have one set routine spread for the day? I probably should settle on spread and follow through every day, but so far that hasn't worked for me...
Mystica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8
Trogon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by Vianne
Am I the only one who does not have one set routine spread for the day? I probably should settle on spread and follow through every day, but so far that hasn't worked for me...
Actually Vianne... (and Joywalker too ), though I didn't mention it in my original reply to this thread. I don't always get around to doing my 3-card daily pyramid spread every day. I usually do my "daily" reading in a rather haphazard fashion. Then I do a 5-card spread once every week or two, to give me a little deeper insight. I do like to do my 3-card daily just as I'm getting ready for my shift at work to give me some insight and to help me prepare for the night.

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]
Trogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2002 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #9
MoonRoses 
Resident

Daily Spreads

I was told that a reader should do a daily spread. I like the pymarid spread that I saw here and plan to do it every morning and write it down. My only question is how should I shuffle the deck seperate the deck and choose the cards? I know there are many ways of doing it . I'm looking for the simplest way because I'm a new Reader.

Peace
Moon Roses
MoonRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #10