Usual Spreads

wakeboarder

What is your favorite spread? If you have the time, try to give us the positions and meanings. If not, no big deal. The two spreads which I know by heart are the Talisman Spread and Aeonx's Relationship Spread.

Talisman Spread:

1. INNER Reality: The question, your private thoughts, the things about you the world may not see, what is hidden, subconscious.

2. OUTER Reality: The world around you, shared reality, environment, home, work, family, lovers, friends.

Cards 1 and 2 form the central dynamic or genesis of the reading.

3. WANING Influences.

4. PRESENT: Significant issues surrounding the question or situation.

5. WAXING Influences.

Cards 3, 4 and 5 are the foundation of the matter, the three-card spread.

6. LESSON Card: Guidance, wishes, detours, obstacles, challenges.

7. FUTURE Card: What you are moving toward on the path you are following, or a situation just beginning.

8. WILD Card: The element of surprise, an aspect not considered, a synthesis to pull the reading together.

Aeonx's Relationship Spread:

1] Core of Situation
2] What I feel
3] What he/she feels
4] What I need (or wish)
5] What he/she needs (or wish)
6] Hidden factors
7] Advice, Key
8] Expected outcome

These were copied straight from their posts (which I have in my library on my comp)

~Wakeboarder

StargazerLily

another cup

I like this relationship spread. Haven't used it, but I like the insight it gives. I don't know where I got it from, but I think it was someone on here. Sorry I can't give due credit! Feel free to say, "Hey, that's mine!"

...........03 (04 crosses)
....Q1..01..Q2

It's not too even, but what the heck?

Q1=Querent 1 (significator can be used)
Q2=Querent 2 (significator can be used)
01=Foundation of relationship
02=Recent past
03=Current state
04=Obstacles they both face
05=Views of Q1 regarding relationship
06=Views of Q2 regarding relationship
07=Expectations of Q1 re: relationship
08=Expectations of Q2 re: relationshop
09=Best outcome (can use clarifying cards)

Karenwhe

Just a spread I seem to do often lately:

6 cards

1 2 3 4 5 6

1 and 2 - Present idea of the situation

3 and 4 - the path chosen to the future

5 and 6 - the possible outcome according to the path chosen

--------------------------------------------
And I have another one that I like, found it on the web, but it is too difficult to detail it here (or I am just lazy) so here is the URL:

http://www.tarotspreads.com/ShowSpread.api?Spread=PlaySurprise

Other than that I am just making them up as I need them.

Trogon

Originally posted by wakeboarder What is your favorite spread? If you have the time, try to give us the positions and meanings.

Wow... this is kind of like asking "what deck should I get". I'm guessing you'll get quite a few replies to this. Including the one I'm posting. :D

I'm finding myself getting away from some of the larger spreads, though I've tried a few. I sometimes find they overwhelm me with information and I have more trouble getting much meaning out of them. This is, of course a rather general statement. Right now though, the biggest spread I use is the Celtic Cross which I will use when I or someone else needs an in-depth look at an issue. Below are the 2 spreads I use most often...

3-card "daily" pyramid (from http://www.tarotspreads.com/)

[color=666699].......[/color]2
[color=666699]...[/color]1[color=666699]......[/color]3

1=beginning of day (how things will start out)
2=peak of the day (the main "theme" of the day)
3=ending of the day (how things will end up)

I deal these cards in the order of 1-2-3, but read them 2-1-3. By reading the peak card first, it gives me a better idea of how to read the other 2.

Other 3-card spreads;

[color=666699]...[/color]1[color=666699]...[/color]2[color=666699]...[/color]3

1=past
2=present
3=future
or
1=mind (mood, emotions)
2=body (health, physical well being)
3=spirit (spiritual "place" or journey)
or
1=problem
2=blockage/opposition
3=solution

There are a lot of other ways that 3-card layouts can be used.

The other layout I use (probably the most) is a 5-card line;

[color=666699]...[/color]1[color=666699]...[/color]2[color=666699]...[/color]3[color=666699]...[/color]4[color=666699]...[/color]5

1=past
2=very recent past
3=present
4=very near future
5=future

I sometimes (when needed) add a 6th card beneath the "present" card. This 6th card would be for advice. I find this to be a very useful spread for most things other than a "daily" type reading.

Hope this helps...

Sulis

Hi
My favorite spreads are the 3 card spreads which Trogon has already mentioned. I also like:

1. The Situation

2. Obstacles/problems

3. What might help

and:

1. Past

2. Present

3. Hidden / unconcious influences

4. Advice

5. Outcome

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Jeanette

I've been using a lot of 3 card spreads, too, lately! There's so many variations ~ mind, body, spirit; what I want, what I need, what I'll get; all the one listed previously; and anything else you could think up! It's so easy to just lay another card on top if you need clarification on something, or want to go a little further. Or add a fourth position, something along the lines of an advice card. The celtic cross is a standard, and a favorite!

Keslynn

I most often use my own modification of a relationship spread I saw on here. It's just 5 cards in a row and the meanings are:

1 - He says
2 - She says
3 - Obstacles
4 - Advice
5 - Outcome

I also invented my own Gifts Spread (hopefully I'll get the shape right):

1 - Current situation
2 - Root of the situation
3 - Gifts from within
4 - Obstacles from within
5 - Gifts from without
6 - Obstacles from without
7 - Advice (how to exploit the gifts or minimize obstacles)
8 - Potential Outcome

I'm also a big fan of the Celtic Cross. *ducks stones and tomatoes* ;)

:) Kes

WolfSpirit

For my daily spread I use the 3-card spread Trogon mentioned: thanks for giving us this spread Trogon I knew I got it from someone at AT but I did not know who.
It's a great spread: it gives a general theme of the day and also the events in time (beginning and end of the day).

I also use the 5-card spread crystalminx mentioned, and if I want to do a "big spread" I do the Celtic Cross or dark electric's Tip of the Iceberg spread (there is a whole thread on this one, for those of you interested)
After a period of doing 3-card and 5-card spreads I am getting the hang of spreads with more cards.

Trogon

WolfSpirit said:
For my daily spread I use the 3-card spread Trogon mentioned: thanks for giving us this spread Trogon I knew I got it from someone at AT but I did not know who.
It's a great spread: it gives a general theme of the day and also the events in time (beginning and end of the day).

You're very welcome WolfSpirit. However, I must admit that I sto... er, "acquired" that spred from TarotSpreads.com. I am glad you're finding it useful though... thanks.