tips on reading presentation...

sweet_intuition

Well, this is a crazy lil tip, but really helped me with presentation and public speaking skills.

First, I'd look in the mirror (yes, I have my moments of vanity) and practice saying things out loud. It's always good to check expressions and make sure you actively listen to the tone of your voice. Read monologues from plays, or narrate scenes from books. That way you can know what tone to use when, and with practice, it will come natural to you.

Secondly, if you have old toys, practice reading with them. Example, when I was 15, I'd take my Barbie and Ken dolls and pretend they are clients coming for a reading. I'd pretend they've asked questions for various situations (from starting a business, to dealing with an extra marital affair, to how can Barbie lose 5 lbs for the bikini beauty contest), and accordingly spread cards and talk it out with them.

Simple little tips that have really proved helpful to me.

SunChariot

I think you need to be clear on what your goals are. Ask yourself: what are you trying to accomplish, how do want to leave the querent feeling after the reading is done, what would you never want to leave them feeling, what is the purpose of a Tarot reading in your mind, how would you like information to be presented to you if you were having a reading...

Once you have that clear in your mind, the rest should follow. You could also ask yourself at that point which methods would help you acheive the goals you set out above and which would make it hard for you to achieve them. For each goal. It might even be a great idea for you to ask the cards these questions. Do a reading and ask for each goal which reading methods would best help you achieve each goal you have established and which should be avoided because they would take you away from your goals.

And last but not least, if you truly care about the people you are priviledged to help that cannot help but show in your reading style.

That is my advice, hope it helps,

Babs