What is the Y on the magician staff

lucifall

Does somebody know what the Y on the staff on the table means?

Click on the link:
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/3294/yt5lxzjtz2.jpg

In the middle of the staff there is something like an Ypsilon
On the beginnening of the staff there seems to be a mirrored c.

Many thanks for your answers; ideas

Luci

Richard

It looks like a Tzaddi, the 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet. It refers to one of the paths on the Sephirotic Tree of Life (Kabbalah).

IheartTarot

I think they are bits of greenery (leaves) which appear on all the wands as they represent creativity and growth.

re-pete-a

When artists put in a line across a finished depiction, it's deliberate.

It's also interesting to note the diagrams below the staff.

I see a set of mountains, then an unknown something , then a dove.

I have a funny feeling that it's a set of instructions on the necessary ingredients to create a spell.

She's quoted as using ' mountains of hearts desires'
The dove could mean faith, in the invocation.
But the middle one has me beat. My mind won't decipher it.
Perhaps it's a sideways HORUS on a globe.

brightcrazystar

The signs on the table are actually a bit skewise. The table is supposed to be the veiled referency to the Table of Shewbread, it is a diagram correlating to Chokmah as the pinnacle of the Supernal Mercy, and specifically to the Signs of the Zodiac used in the Zelator Ritual of Admission in the Golden Dawn. The signs you see on the table are the Signs of Aquarius, Leo, and Scorpio. Taurus is missing from the image of the fixed signs, because it is analogous to the Five of Disks, Mercury in Taurus, which would be contradictory to the first principle power of the Magus, To Dare. The Magician is facing east, in the Garden of Eden before the Fall.

Tzaddi in the Second Order principles of the Sepher Yetzirah mediations called "The Cube of Space" connects the top of the Cube, Mercury, with the South face of the Cube, Sol. It is a reference to the Wand of the Magus being the core of the flames found in the Heart Center, or the Anahatta Chakra. This is done in Waite's hand as opposed to Pamela's. Also note, the This is how it corresponds to YHVH Eloah Va-Da'ath, which is Mercury's aspect as the communicator of the solar principle, Thoth as the mouth of Ra. Likely she never knew this, and it is one of the tell-tale marks he left on the cards that made it standard for the Golden Dawn adepts, in ways the general public were unaware. There are TONS of these marks.

There is also a reference to the vault of the Adepti on this card.

Richard

re-pete-a said:
I was referring to the picture posted by LRICHARD.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g368/KariRoad88/YonWand.jpg

and the middle image in that photo.
Actually the picture was posted originally by KariRoad. The image between the dove and the mountains does seem to have a falcon-like head. I'll probably think of it as Horus unless someone comes up with a more plausible suggestion.

lucifall

LRichard said:
Actually the picture was posted originally by KariRoad. The image between the dove and the mountains does seem to have a falcon-like head. I'll probably think of it as Horus unless someone comes up with a more plausible suggestion.

I think the middle picture between the bird and the mountain is an solar horse.

The Y and C i see on the staff:
Y could be the aramaic way of writing the Kaph and the C the Hebrew Kaph (=10)?

Luci