Before bed spread?

intellemos

Ive been looking for a good spread to do before bed, but havent been feeling creative enough to come up with one.

I usually do a one card reading which is generally "which card should i bring with me into slumber", or "which card should i sleep with tonight" but im looking for something else. maybe something more indepth of a reading before bed.

Does anyone else have a good spread they use before bed?

Chiriku

Interesting idea.

It depends--do you want to reflect at all on the day's events, or just look forward to the night/sleep?

How about:

1-The day's energies/dynamics that I should hold onto
2-The day's energies/dynamics that I should let go of/put behind me
3- Wisdom to meditate upon as you lie in bed/fall asleep
4- A message directed toward your dreams (i.e. something you hope your subconscious will elaborate on in your dreams that night)

If you feel the need for a particular layout (I don't), you could do it with the first two representing the foot of the bed and the last two representing the pillows, or all four representing the four bedposts of a four-post bed:

intellemos

i really like 3 and 4. thanks you :)

Chiriku

You're welcome. I'd be interested in having you come back after a week or two using it and letting me know if there's been any change in your dreams or nighttime habits.

I've been toying with the idea of doing more self-readings, so maybe I'll do this one a few nights a week.

intellemos

i keep a journal for every reading i do. i'll definatly come back and let you know how everything goes.

thanks again

lupenrein

Nice spread!

I've been using this one for a few days now and I've got very interesting answers.
The fourth card is the most interesting on it. I had dreams with a direct connection to it so it helps me to understand better what I was dreaming about.

For example:
Last night I drew as the fourth card the 9 of Pentacles.
This night I dreaming about one of my neighbours who live next door to me. These people are just like friends to me and in the real life we help each other a lot. In my dream I've made a gift to one of them and she was very pleased about it.
Well, the main message of it was that I'm going to have a good time by myself and so I'll be able to share it with the people who I like. So we have a direct connection to the 9 of Pentacles which exactly describes this kind of situation.

I'll keep on using it and I'm very curious about my next readings.

Chiriku

lupenrein,

This is fantastic. Thank you very much for posting here and detailing your dream and how it connected to the card you drew in position #4.

The reason position #4 was of most interest to me when I created the spread is because not too long ago, I began to have dreams about a person in my life with whom I communicated frequently but did not share emotional intimacy. The dreams *created* intimacy, at least on my part, because dreaming about a specific person that intensively and frequently cannot help but do so.

When our communications ended, the dreams did, too. I was left with the wish that I could once again dream about someone or something specific in such memorable detail. But even moreso, I wanted to learn if it was possible for me to guide and cultivate the content of my dreams. As a child, I used to try to do that, lying in bed and staring up into the dark, willing my brain to focus on a specific topic. I was like a scientist testing my hypothesis.

What better way to do this than through tarot?

I'm going to begin doing this spread this week, and if you continue to do it, maybe we can post some of our readings and dreams in more detail in the Your Readings or some other section of the forum.

Cheers.

Nice spread!

I've been using this one for a few days now and I've got very interesting answers.
The fourth card is the most interesting on it. I had dreams with a direct connection to it so it helps me to understand better what I was dreaming about.

For example:
Last night I drew as the fourth card the 9 of Pentacles.
This night I dreaming about one of my neighbours who live next door to me. These people are just like friends to me and in the real life we help each other a lot. In my dream I've made a gift to one of them and she was very pleased about it.
Well, the main message of it was that I'm going to have a good time by myself and so I'll be able to share it with the people who I like. So we have a direct connection to the 9 of Pentacles which exactly describes this kind of situation.

I'll keep on using it and I'm very curious about my next readings.

lupenrein

I agree and I will try it for a while. Ooccasionally I have a sleep disorder and I also smoke weed. So I often don't remember what I was dreaming about. But I noticed that I always remember the important dream messages and I can work on them. It takes sometimes for me a long time to understand them clearly and the accouracy is really scary. :D

Greets.

Chiriku

Friends,

I've opened a thread in the "Daily Draws" section of the Your Readings forum, located here:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=173419

I invite you all to post your nightly Before Bed spread readings to the thread. I have already posted a few cards from my last two Before Bed readings, and I think you'll find the dream I had last night to be connected to the card I drew in Position #4 (an unusual Three of Cups).

I hope to see you post your own readings and dreams there.

Glass Owl

I really like this one. It seems like a good way to close the day. Often times, I lay in bed and all of these thoughts about the day race around in my mind. This spread might be something that will help me to clarify those thoughts and let the day go so I can rest.