celtic astrology

nexyjo

a while ago, i had come across a book on celtic astrology, which used 13 months based on the trees - of the druids i presume - and used the tree interpretations as personality attributes for those born during that month. i never bought the book, but did come across one of those little plastic covered quick reference sheets. anyway, i had planned on making a web page conveying this info, and comparing it to "traditional" astrology. this is what i came up with so far:
http://hometown.aol.com/nexyjo/spirit/astrology.htm
i haven't yet linked to it off my site menu, because i'm not so sure i like it, or how useful it is.
any input would be appriciated.
luv and light,
nexy

KyrieSummer

nexyjo - I really liked it. I found out that I am a Hazel Tree. Not positive what that is, I will need to look it up on the internet.

Are you planning to add descriptions of what each sign/tree represents in a personality? Also, are there follow up signs like the moon sign or rising signs? And how would one figure that out? Is it like traditional astrology or a whole seperate "branch"?

nexyjo

the chart below the graphic lists some of the attributes of each sign. i guess i should really get the book, as i would imagine that there are moon and rising signs too - the quick reference card makes no mention of them though. i am a little concerned about copyright issues - since this is a pretty unique system, i don't want to be accused of "stealing" the info - i'll have to look into that before i link the page to the public.
luv and light,
nexy

Rhiannon

Very cool. I'm a Hawthorn and a gemini and a tiger in the chinese zodiac. I love astrology and this introduces me to another form of it. Please let us know when you have more...

Rhiannon :)

MeeWah

Nexy! Am up way part me beddy-bye time so this will have to be quick, but I was prompted to check out your new chart. I LOVE IT!! So I'm Ash (Pisces)--how neat! Y'know, I have this thing about Ash--am I psychic or not :D Also for Rowan, but perhaps the heavy Aquarius influence in the natal chart is why. & I've always liked Oak, but didn't look that up yet.
I hope you keep the new material on your website. I am impressed by all the correlations & etc!
You GO, Girl!!

nexyjo

oh wow meewah, i should have known you'd be an ash! it seems i'm a willow - there's that moon again in my life. and moody and emotional pretty much defines me.

i should add that the quick reference card associates animals with each sign, and a deity. for ash, it's an adder - wisdom and spiritual energy, and gwydion, magician and trickster. and for willow, it's the hare - adaptation and intuition, and the celtic moon goddess ceridwen. i'm wondering if i can squeeze another two columns in that chart...
luv and light,
nexy