"Sticky" cards - any way to soften them?

Glass Owl

Just wait, eventually the Twilight generation will age and you will wind up reading with that deck to ladies who wear old flowery perfume, and they will never bat an eye :)!

That's comforting because I have a suspicion that this deck will smell like that for a very, very long time.

Asbestos Mango

Haha, I'm a cheapskate too. I resorted to using some vintage 1970s Avon Lady Skater Perfumed Talc powder that I snagged at a thrift store all over my Vampire Tarot deck. It worked like a charm but now the deck smells like a lady who wears old flowery perfume. Probably not the imagery that Robert Place was intending for his deck to conjure up but it sure gave it some personality :)

I have this sudden urge to try this with my Zombie Tarot now. Not that the cards are sticky, but I think it would be fun to have the deck smell like a lady who wears old flowery perfume.

Winterchild

I have this sudden urge to try this with my Zombie Tarot now. Not that the cards are sticky, but I think it would be fun to have the deck smell like a lady who wears old flowery perfume.

Love it.... oh I love the texture and weight of the Zombie cards!

Surely baby powder wouldnt have Asbestos in ???? I used it on a very sticky deck and it worked fine.... it was from Body Shop I think.... old stuff though....

Chiriku

I purchased fanning powder specifically for that albatross of a deck, the Robert Place Vampire, to little avail. Sure, it's a little bit better. But not satisfactory enough to tempt me to use the deck. I hurled it to the bottom of my carry-on luggage and there it will rest undisturbed while I turn my attention to decks I don't shrink from handling.

The vampires continue into perpetuity, undead, untouched...