"Professional Readers" and Timing

magpie9

I think everyone is Psychic to one degree or another if they will relax and let themselves be. I think it is more fashionable to call oneself "intuitive", currently. To me, intuitive = "a little bit Psychic, so don't expect too much, OK?" But I may just be being a hard a**, so don't mind me. I'm having a very hard week.

I find timing hard, and give no guarantees with it. I don't think the cards see time as we do, in kind of a straight line, with calender dates on it. And then there's the whole question of people making choices and so changing the outcome of the matter. And the longer away the outcome is, the more likely it is that what you predicted isn't the highest probability anymore. And years? No reading, IMO, can stay static and accurate for years.

What I do for timing, is to hold and look into a crystal ball and think numbers, let a number come to me. I disconnect my everyday mind. And I give them the number, or whatever feeling comes to me about time, if I get one. I usually do...but I always feel sort of ridiculous doing it. I much prefer it when thy will accept, "After this and this happens, then that will happen."

olivia1

You don't think all of us have a little psychic ability?

Why does it matter what I think? Im just one person ;) but i havent met everyone so I don't know if everyone has it or not. I would imagine most can tap into it to some degree but not enough right off the bat to go around accurately predicting specific dates

TheReverseOrder

Why does it matter what I think? Im just one person ;) but i havent met everyone so I don't know if everyone has it or not. I would imagine most can tap into it to some degree but not enough right off the bat to go around accurately predicting specific dates

It matters because I enjoy hearing other people's opinions. :) I think you are right about the taping into the lines and predicting specific dates. I'm always off in timing. I drew a 4 of Wands for reconnecting with an individual for a 1 week set time. He came around 3 weeks later. :)

DaughterOfDanu

I've just gotten into doing timing but with face to face readings only (Which I do for free and always explain that i'm new to face to face reads and need practice) Typically I like to use the four minor suits as timing hints.

I go with the school of thought that everyone is a little bit 'psychic' that the more you work with it the better you get but that there's some people who just are born naturals- just like with most talents. I also agree with Magpie's definition of intuitive. If I say psychic people expect miracles.

tarotbear

As you said in your post she is psychic and I have found in my experience with psychics and mediums they have a line direct to the source...

I just want to interject that 'just because' someone may seem to be psychic does not mean that they can know or find out everything.

The discussion is about a psychic who seems to be able to focus in on timing issues and seems to be scarily accurate. Perhaps that is her 'gift.' Perhaps we all have different gifts. She may be very accurate about timing but be a total crap-out in other areas. She could be lousy at questions dealing with finances.

pz2112

I just want to interject that 'just because' someone may seem to be psychic does not mean that they can know or find out everything.

The discussion is about a psychic who seems to be able to focus in on timing issues and seems to be scarily accurate. Perhaps that is her 'gift.' Perhaps we all have different gifts. She may be very accurate about timing but be a total crap-out in other areas. She could be lousy at questions dealing with finances.

I personally agree with the statement I saw elsewhere in this thread -- that we are all psychic to one degree or another. I do consider myself psychic, but I also believe that very little is carved in stone until it comes to pass. I also believe that very much of what is coming into being can be changed by our own choices and actions. So I can predict that if you stay on a certain path, certain things will happen ... but I've always preferred to see what can be changed as opposed to that which cannot.

I have seen deaths in my spreads and I have felt that they did indeed represent physical death ... and there were time frames. I know I have a spirit guide and would have a line in if I wanted it -- fact is I don't want it. Doesn't make me special or anything else, but I don't want to see the things that a person has no control over. I admire those who have the courage to embrace that gift. I just don't have the courage to do it myself.

I'm totally not into predictive readings. I'm much more comfortable kind of serving as a spiritual guidance counselor or holistic life coach where people want to gain a better understanding of their soul's journey in this life and helping them discover and align themselves to their purpose for being here. In that capacity, I sometimes see stuff I don't want to see ... but there is more of an opportunity to coach them on how to work through what may become inevitable versus setting a date they know they have no control of, if that makes sense.

But to clarify, I believe we are all psychic to a degree ... I also believe when you go for a reading, the powers that be guide you to the right table. There are sometimes we need to hear the whole truth and there are other times we need to know how to live it. There's a time and place for each, and each of us are gifted to deliver the right message at the right time. For me, when it comes to things that are destined to happen, I shy away from stating painful things that cannot be avoided in favor of guiding them through it. Why is physical death always the most painful thing? There's reasons it shouldn't be, but still it is the one thing that fills us with dread. I guess tapping into the source all the way finds you gifted with knowing how much time is left ... while tapping into the source for useable guidance finds you gifted with knowing what you need to do before that time runs out.

Just my two cents as I often wonder exactly why I'm so drawn to helping people on their soul's journey and will intentionally keep certain channels closed off ... open just enough to receive the message that needs to be heard, but not enough to see the hands on the clock.

Blessings to all and thanks for letting me share.

olivia1

People keep saying the future isn't set in stone but this woman clearly saw the future and things happened as she predicted

Laurelle

Numbers and Time

I'm psychic and don't use cards to predict timing. Timing is still hard for me. I'll feel a number in my mind and know it relates to the reading.

I also lose time and gain time all the time. I see time as expandable and circular. I see the clocks we use on Earth as just a counting device. That's not time. If you want to become more psychic, you'll need to lose the idea of counting devices as time. I also feel the numbers. I see numbers like license plates or serial numbers and "read" them. For me numbers are intuitive and contain messages for me to decipher.

It astonishes us that someone can predict things or timing because we live with the idea of things being linear and straight, but remember straight lines are a creation of man, not nature. There is no such thing has a straight line in nature.

If you are in a car, you'll gain time. You'll get to the place you want to go faster. You don't think you've gained time, but you have. It now takes less time to get what you want done. As children, we are told that time hasn't speed up, only the car. This is not true. I've just broken down Einsteins general theory of relativity for you in more basic, relatable terms.

Just think about it!

EyeAmEye

People keep saying the future isn't set in stone but this woman clearly saw the future and things happened as she predicted

Glad someone picked up on that :)

I don't know how some people are able to predict time, be it a little voice that whispers "February 13th..." or flash of thought or something else, but as others have said, that gift is not shared across the board. Some are better at a certain area, others at another area.

For me, timing has never been accurate. It could be I simply don't have the gift for it, human choice changes the timing but not necessarily the outcome of events, or I can't determine it because it's something I shouldn't know.

Deoiridh

Well, the sister was pregnant at the time of the reading and only found out two weeks later. So the psychic knew something no one else did at the time, as opposed to predicting the future. As for the father's death, it didn't have anything to do with TheReverseOrder's choices.

Am I making sense? If a psychic told me I was going to die in a year, I could make choices to eat better, exercise, go to a doctor, etc. Those are *my* choices to make that can affect *my* future. So I guess what I'm saying is the psychic can be correct at the same time that the future is not set in stone. :)