"Remote" readings

Paulb

...as in readings done when the querent isn't present!

Hi there,

This is a thought that arose from some recent involvement in the reading circles forum. Although the reading went down well, I found it very difficult to do a reading for someone who wasn't with me. Are there any special grounding techniques that people do for this kind of thing? I'd love to do it more often, but only if I'm doing it right.

Has anyone else got much experience in this kind of reading? Off the forum as well as on.

Thanks,
P.

LadySquee

Hey Paulb

I've only done 'remote' readings, and the best readings I ever had where I was the querent were remote readings as well.

I usually keep their name and question (if there is a question) in my mind while I shuffle and pick the cards, and that's really it for me. I make sure it's quiet and I center myself with only the querent in mind before I even begin shuffling.

Hope that helps you some.

aranarose

I've done readings in person, over the phone, over chat, and via email. Each has its own advantages and its own disadvantages.

In person, there is a great deal of pressure. You feel that you have to be right, and you have to be amazing. But you have the person there to show them the cards, and to ask if anything in the cards catches their eyes, which can be very useful in determining their feelings and state of mind about the subject.

Over the phone, there's not as much pressure, though dead silence can be worse over the phone than in person. The person on the other end of the line can't see you, and so they can't see if you're concentrating on the cards or whatever.

Over chat, you have a bit more time to think things through, and you're still able to get feedback from the querent.

By email, you have a lot of time to think about what's going on in the reading, but you don't get to get the instantaneous feedback that you get with the other types of readings.

As far as connecting, knowing the name, as well as their birthdate, can help you to focus and connect. Practice is the key. Do more readings, and over time, you'll develop methods that will feel right for you.

Aladdin

Agree 100% with Lady Squee on this.

dadsnook2000

Connections

Making a connection of some kind is helpful. In addition to a first name and a place, I also ask for a birthdate (I have been an astrologer for many decades) and for them to tell me one small thing about themselves -- the color they like best, a pet's name, what they can see out their windows -- it's just my way of making a connection. I find the readings then flow nicely.

As for the birth date, I will likely look in an ephemeris to see the Sun and Moon placement and note anything that may be transiting those bodies. This may or may not feed into the tarot reading. Of course, the spread used will relate to the nature of the question. I find that the spread guides the story flow and takes away any uncertainty. Dave