Vintage Thoth

MissChiff

I would like to purchase a vintage Thoth deck. It was the first deck I learned on and I'm not sure which one I should look for any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also what price range because I really don't want to get ripped off if possible.
Thank you for your time.

Carla

The 1986 blue box Thoth has oversaturated coloration and silky cardstock. My favourite.

MissChiff

Thank you both for the info! I was looking at one of the green decks? I'm still not sure. But thank you.

The Happy Squirrel

I think the green tinted ones were printed before the invention of microchip. That is circa 1970s-mid 1980s. According to Tarot Garden database this most likely translates to the White Box C edition and the early USG edition in the green box ( looks the same as current edition for the largest size at 5.5 inches including borders). Be warned that the green tint and printing quality of both borders and pictures varies greatly from cards to cards and deck to deck in these vintage editions. It is hard to tell from photos no matter how good sellers' pictures are. And asking prices varied between $20 to $150 and sometimes over. And you can never tell from box or booklet alone what actual batch of cards you will be getting because there are no real way to tie the boxes and booklets to the decks of cards.