THE BEST WAY TO GET A SIGNIFICATOR

jhezper

HELP with finding a SIGNIFICATOR

I'm really new with the tarot. During my study of which, I have come accross some spreads which need a significator. Some books that I've read say that you're supposed to pick one through intuition, but i thought of another idea. The Crowley Thot Deck's COurt cards are assigned with certain "time frames in the zodiacal chart" (I don't know if this term is correct) .... I just thought that asking for the querent's birthday and equating that with the corresopinding trump card is the safest way to go .... Could anybody help me out what specific dates they stand for? ... pleeeaaassseee??? ... I don't know anything about astrology yet and I dont know what "x decan of y to z decan of a" means and what their corresponding dates to the lay-man's calendar are ... I would appreciate it a lot if anybody could enlighten me about this or give me a webpage i could browse on to get this. Thank you so much in advance!!!

Fulgour

hi jhezper

David Allen Hulse on GD Courts:

"Each sign of the zodiac is 30 degrees of a 360 degree circle
for the complete zodiac. Each sign of is subdivided into three
decans, each decan ruling ten degrees of that particular sign.
A decan equals about ten days, as a zodiac sign equals about
30 days of the year."

"Each Court Card represents a zodiac sign spanned between
two signs, the last ten degrees of the preceding sign plus the
first twenty degrees of the current sign. Thus, Knight of Wands
represented the last ten degrees of Scorpio and the first twenty
degrees of Sagittarius, though the card is predominately Sag."

There is absolutely a ton of such info here:
http://www.llewellynjournal.com/article/387

rachelcat

Amazing Article!

This is an absolutely amazing article from Llewellyn. I have been begging around the internet for some tarot-i ching correspondences, and here they are! Some anyway. Along with lots of other good stuff!

I have have a cute little calendar table with all cards assigned to dates--the minors to their decans, the majors to their signs and planets and the courts to their, uh, whatevers. I hijacked the minor and court information from a British reader's site and added the major card info.

I would like to share it, but it's a Word table, and I don't have a website handy to post it on. Does anyone else know how I can do this?

Thanks again for the cool article.

Etteilla

Significator article

Looking forward to it. Please post location when possible.
Etteilla

f. silvestris

I'm not particularly convinced about any of this, but, in case it's of use to you, try looking up 'your essential card' for yourself or anyone you wish to read for at www.corax.com/tarot/index1.html

ivyrita

old king/new king

was a very good article, but i ended up wondering about the whole new king/old king bit... and as i continued reading i was often confused as to what king was being referred to :/