Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 163 : September 13th -September 20th

BodhiSeed

I've loved working with the Margarete Petersen this week. At first glance, this deck doesn't seem to have much to work with, but that is misleading. The Elemental Dice worked well with my daily draws, giving me great clarification or added information.

AJ

how did your week go NadaJ?

I have really enjoyed my week with the Shining Tribe, always offers a different way to look at each card.

Madame Squee

Wrapping up...

I always enjoy the Shakespearian Tarot!

Once I learned all the stories behind the images on the cards, and then managed to stop myself thinking so hard about them every minute, the cards started working beautifully.

I really like Paul Hardy's artwork -- despite its being tiny due to the small size of the cards (2-3/8 x 4-3/8 inches), and I also enjoy Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki's informative, conversational style in the companion book. It's apparent she's well-acquainted with her subject.

Finally, this has to be my very favorite deck to shuffle: small, easy to handle, strong, flexible, with a satin-like finish and smooth, polished edges. Plus, I find the back design very attractive, especially for the theme of the deck.

Attachments

• Shakespearian Back.jpg
    Shakespearian Back.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 50

AJ

I bought an annotated works of Shakespeare to go with that deck, and the few others.
Read it all too!

NadaJ

how did your week go NadaJ?

I have really enjoyed my week with the Shining Tribe, always offers a different way to look at each card.

I didn't do a good job this week getting to know the Daniloff, but I'm in again for this next week. I'm glad I corner rounded the deck though; it's a deck I feel comfortable actually using now.