What do I need to know before visiting a psychic tarot reader?

CaliforniaTarot

I'm going to see a psychic tomorrow who specializes in numerology, tarot and energy work among her various psychic abilities like clairaudience and clairvoyance. What do I need to know before I see her? Should I write down questions? It's a 15 minute (the cheapest option) meeting so I can't ask too many questions in that short span of time.

Grizabella

Just ask a question in as clear and concise a way as you can. Whatever is the most pressing thing you want to ask about.

Cenozoic

Well, I guess I would say to phrase your questions so they're not answered with just a yes or no. So for instance the question "Will I pass this test?" will lead to a yes or no answer. Instead ask "What can I do to pass this test?" and you'll get options and explanations for what you can do.

DownUnderNZer

I have a thing about Numerology and birthdates...with Numerology one can get a persons character type etc and yet hide behind something like saying "Im Psychic".

Since she says she is clairvoyant etc at least ask her ONE question that you know the answer to, but not something silly like what color is my underwear.

When a woman was seeing if my UK medium/psychic friend was the real deal she asked my friend what was in the "special box" she buried with her child ~ a little girl.

My friend told her what it was exactly and described the object in every detail she was shown including colours. She was the only one ever to get it, but because she did she was also able to bring peace to that poor bereaved mother. :)

So ask something only you know the answer to but should be able to come through if she does "see" or "hear" etc. :)

CaliforniaTarot

I have a thing about Numerology and birthdates...with Numerology one can get a persons character type etc and yet hide behind something like saying "Im Psychic".

Since she says she is clairvoyant etc at least ask her ONE question that you know the answer to, but not something silly like what color is my underwear.

When a woman was seeing if my UK medium/psychic friend was the real deal she asked my friend what was in the "special box" she buried with her child ~ a little girl.

My friend told her what it was exactly and described the object in every detail she was shown including colours. She was the only one ever to get it, but because she did she was also able to bring peace to that poor bereaved mother. :)

So ask something only you know the answer to but would show if she does "see" or "hear" etc. :)

Hmm ok I def think testing her to see if she is "real" is a good idea :). The reason I'm into psychics is because a psychic accurately predicted the man my mom would marry (aka MY DAD). She said where she'd meet him and how he'd look. This is even before my mom KNEW of him!

Also, I want to know if it's a good idea to ask the psychic why the King Of Cups keeps appearing when I ask soulmate and future boyfriend related questions. I wonder if it's a sign that the King Of Cups is the type of guy I'm going to date. Should I ask that or does she likely not know Court Cards related to people?

CaliforniaTarot

Well, I guess I would say to phrase your questions so they're not answered with just a yes or no. So for instance the question "Will I pass this test?" will lead to a yes or no answer. Instead ask "What can I do to pass this test?" and you'll get options and explanations for what you can do.

Yeah I've read that before. Yes/no questions are bad!

Pam O

Also, I want to know if it's a good idea to ask the psychic why the King Of Cups keeps appearing when I ask soulmate and future boyfriend related questions. I wonder if it's a sign that the King Of Cups is the type of guy I'm going to date. Should I ask that or does she likely not know Court Cards related to people?

Hi CA Tarot!
And welcome to AT. :)

What about starting a thread HERE at AT with your Q: "why the King Of Cups keeps appearing...?" (Just know about the rule to post an interpretation so others can answer.) And posting here does not use up any of your scheduled 15 minutes. There are a great deal of very awesome readers here in this awesome AT community!

Idea: If the reader asks for your birthday, you can might decide to let them know that you would prefer to skip that because you don't want Astrology to influence their psychic reading.

Hope you enjoy your appointment.

Citrin

If I just had 15 minutes I would ask the question that was the most important to me. I wouldn't waste time "testing" the psychic honestly... I think you're gonna notice if he or she is way off anyway.

Good luck! :)

HeatherRose

Hello!
My advice would be to trust your own intuition as well.
I know there are many "psychics" in my area that are scammers. Now, that doesn't mean that they don't have some of the abilities that they claim to, but they mix them in with their abilities to take advantage of people for money.
Some things to be aware of....if they talk about any "negative energy" around you that is hindering you and you won't be able to move forward until you get rid of it. And if they say they can light candles or use crystals to help you remove it (for an additional fee of course).
I feel many of these people may say some positive things, but go back to this "negative" part of the reading to worry people. Pay attention to what you actually KNOW and FEEL when the person reads for you. If it doesn't resonate, then that tells you something.

Now, if they are a well-known reader, and totally legit, something like that will not come up. They will read for you and things will make sense, resonate and not be very general (such as "you are kind, caring, helpful and the one who seems to always be there for everyone else, yet others don't seem to be there to help you", which is another line the scammers tend to use).
I would say to write down any questions you may have, but things will most likely be covered for you when they start to read, as most of the things prevalent in our minds and lives will come from the cards in a general reading.

Good luck!
Hope it goes well and you are pleased with the reader!

celticnoodle

everyone has some good points in here to keep in mind. The biggest one I think is to remember not to be taken in by a reader who claims that they can help you by lighting a candle for you or giving you some 'magical' herbs. so, please remember to only pay for the 15 minute reading and NO MORE. Do not be taken by 'the extras' that come with an extra charge. In my opinion, if they were really that good, and saw that you needed prayers to help you with any issue that may be there, they'd automatically include that intention in their prayers for you w/o you knowing it or charging you for it!

Keep your question(s) simple and to the point, and as already stated, no yes or no questions. Have your questions written down on paper in a notebook already to go. Be sure to take a pen with you to write down notes as the reading progresses and if there are any questions you have for her as she is giving the reading--ask them. I also would not give my birthdate, but IF she/he asks you, "Do you have a birthday this month?" or something like that-a short "yes" or "no" is sufficient. Also, if she asks you if your sign is a Cancer, or Leo, again a short "yes" or "no". You don't want to get stuck in a daily astrology reading that they could recite.

Most of all. relax. do your best to be relaxed when you go as trust me, this will help her/him to read you easily. Before your visit for this reading, ask your guides to watch over and protect you and to also help to provide her/his guides with pertinent information that you need to hear. Perhaps asking a beloved deceased family member/friend to also help out in that area. I tell all my customers to do this before coming to me--and it really does help me a lot.

Most of all, relax and enjoy this! do remember to take notes. If you can you may want to try to tape it--however, sometimes tape machines will not work during psychic readings. It has happened to me many, many times. Note taking is MOST important. You'll forget a lot of what she/he says, so it is vital to take notes. You don't have to write word for word down--just key points. Maybe symbols for words, such as a dollar sign for money coming your way, that sort of thing.

Have fun, CaliforniaTarot. :)