Reaction to trump cards in self reading

November's Dawn

So, How do you basically react when you do daily spread, three or five card and only trump cards appear? Are you suprised, happy or feeling awkward? I feel kinda happy because trumps in general show something big :)

seedcake

Depends why it came out in the spread. It means to me a lot when I see a Major but the message can be unpleasant anyway.

Black Cat

I generally dislike it, but then I'm not big on major changes--even a "good" all-trumps reading means I'm probably going to have to devote more energy than usual to one issue or another. And then, too, I have a tendency to be slightly paranoid about whether I've interpreted the cards correctly, something I don't experience much with pips and courts.

nisaba

So, How do you basically react when you do daily spread, three or five card and only trump cards appear? Are you suprised, happy or feeling awkward? I feel kinda happy because trumps in general show something big :)

I don't know that I react at all.

I look at the meanings of the cards, I don't count tallies.

Cenozoic

I personally don't think too much about it actually. I treat the minors as good as the majors, since they are all helpful in telling the overall story.

Chimera Dust

I don't tend to think much about it either. For me, it's more about the meaning of the card and its context, so I look more at that than drawing distinctions between Minors and Majors. :)