Your favorite easiest interpretation book for Rider? PLease:)

Tarot by G

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and very excited about it. At last a place where I can meet like minded people. As the title says can you please tell me your most simple tarot interpretation book?

The reason being is I have so many and they are all so different. I just want the one book I can use as a guide. Not one that goes to deep. Just the general meanings so I can then elaborate.

Any suggestions? The BEST/most SIMPLE tarot book???

Lunalyn

a very simple book to for the Rider Waite deck is The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett. its a book that's widely available and its easy to read and very clear in its meanings.

and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.
lyn

Ceste

"Tarot Plain and Simple" would be my recommendation.

Nickigirl

Tarot Reversals by Mary K Greer. It gives great descriptions of meanings for both the upright and reversed meanings of the cards!

Tarot by G

a very simple book to for the Rider Waite deck is The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett. its a book that's widely available and its easy to read and very clear in its meanings.

and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.
lyn

Thank you for your warm welcome:) I probably should head over to the introduction section and introduce myself. I will grab that book thank you.

Tarot by G

Thank you for the recommendations I will order both:)

bogiesan

Make your own! (long post)

A blank notebook would be my recommendation. Moleskine makes pocket-sized , or their colorful Volant series, with soft covers and about 90 pages. Most are available in pairs or in packs of three.
Find the your favorite tarot book, one you already have, or even the LWB that came with your deck. Sit at a comfortable desk or chair. Shuffle. Draw or deal a single card. Look it up in the books. Look at the card. Look at those meanings someone else has developed. Every book's author has their own subtley different take on the Waite-Smith cards. Look at the card. Decide what the card means to you. Write the name of the card across the top of the page and wirte down your meaning. ONe or two sentences is all you need. You don't need a long paragraph. Yo ond't need dignities or reversals or explanations.

I look at the characters and the scene and ask, "How did I, a photographer, come across these people while visiting this interesting but seemingly backward country? What were they doing just before I, a disiinterested but curious third party, stumbled upon them? What happened after I snapped the shutter? Did we talk? Did they chase me away?"

IN some scenes, of course, highly unlikely things are happening. How did that poor girl lose her clothes? Is she cold? Does that hurt or are those people just pretending to be fighting? What holds that guy up in the air? Whose horse is that, really? What do those things weigh?

It takes a couple of hours to do this and it can be exhausting and frustrating. Maybe you only get four or ten cards done at a sitting.

Once the randomly dealt deck is complete, tear the pages out of your first notebook and assemble them in order. Order up your deck to match. Now you're going to do it all again, in another notebook. You can prepare the second book by writing the individual card names across the pages. I use only the facing pages so I can later write additional ideas on the backs. Plus, I prefer to use fountain pens and the ink often bleeds through.

I like to lay out the suits in cluster and, using the characters and scenes and my previously created meanings, make a simple narrative that threads a few cards at a time together. What I'm looking for in particular is a storyline that builds to a climax in, say, five or six cards. It's even better if there's a joke in it for me or I have created a story that sets up and delivers a punchline I have heard in a standup routine or a movie or sitcom. But that's just me. You may prefer a spiritual or astrological or thematic approach to yoru stories or to your meanings. You may have a list of simple aphorisms. The improtant thing, not easily done, is to make this as much fun as you possibly can.

Go through the cards, one at a time, in order, and, using your first effort and your favorite books as guides, come up with a set of even better meanings.

You might even do it a third or fourth time in a few weeks or months. The third time is easy. By the time you're done, you have made your deck uniquely yours with a set of meanings you can never forget.

Tarot by G

Bogiesan WOW thank you that's awesome.