The Ace of Wands

Zephyros

In this card, the flames are in the shape of the hebre letter Yod and are arranged in a Tree of life. OK, so I got that far. But does it have any significance that the wnd itself is split and you can see into it?

CreativeFire

Closrapexa - good question! I am hoping someone knowledgable with the Thoth will jump in and give us some info.

IMO I personally see this as like the energy / fire is bursting forth from within the wand - like it is the creative energy that comes from within.

I have also read somewhere (cannot remember where at the moment) that sometimes Mages of old would use hollow wands or usually staffs that they would fill with something (liquid, smoke, solid) to give the wands / staffs more power or energy or connection to themselves.

Looking forward to some more feedback on this card.

CreativeFire

PS. Keep these questions coming as they are also inspiring me to look at different things in the cards / images that I have only just begun to notice. :)

Zephyros

Looking at it more carefully, I noticed that the opening in the wand is actually the pathways in the Tree of Life. Which makes sense, if you think of the Tree as a way of to "open" a higher realm of enlightenment. Hence the open wand.

Nycelle

Is there a significance to the lack of keywords on the Aces?

The other numeric minors all have words typed over the faded lettering naming the suit below the image.