An interesting way to determine time

xhollysue

For the sake of participation, I'm really intimidated by the time prediction thing. I have an understanding that time means nothing to the universe, but only to humanity, and if we were willing to believe in it, anything would be possible today.

So timeframes feel binding in a sense of imprisonment, maybe I feel like they would unfairly disempower the querent from envisioning and creating their own timeline, or worse, give them the impression that all they have to do is sit back and wait.

But also for the sake of participation, I think I'll give it a shot. It can't hurt to add as a tool to my belt, right?

EDIT: I actually am thinking about it, and I'm beginning to see some uses for it. For example, if the querent gets a reading suggesting that they stick it out in a difficult relationship, I could see the cards being willing to give them a timeframe for how long to keep at it.

Demon Goddess

xhollysue said:
For the sake of participation, I'm really intimidated by the time prediction thing. I have an understanding that time means nothing to the universe, but only to humanity, and if we were willing to believe in it, anything would be possible today.

So timeframes feel binding in a sense of imprisonment, maybe I feel like they would unfairly disempower the querent from envisioning and creating their own timeline, or worse, give them the impression that all they have to do is sit back and wait.

But also for the sake of participation, I think I'll give it a shot. It can't hurt to add as a tool to my belt, right?

Oh wonderful! Throw another wrench into my belief system why don't you! Consciously, I hadn't thought of that... perhaps because I believe that time isn't linear, this explains why I can't "get" time in my cards? How many times do I say the limitations in tarot are the ones WE put there...

Hmmm... will continue to read this thread with great interest. :)

re-pete-a

If the cards are about human interaction,relationships, jobs,and all the other related topics then it stands to reason that time is relevant in the scheme of human existence,The tarot is ALL relative .
________
Amateur streaming

Demon Goddess

re-pete-a said:
If the cards are about human interaction,relationships, jobs,and all the other related topics then it stands to reason that time is relevant in the scheme of human existence,The tarot is ALL relative .

Sure, it stands to reason... but then why can't anyone ever say... Tuesday at 2:00... or can they?

I am lucky if I can get a thirty days or so concept out of a horseshoe reading.

re-pete-a

Because the point was missed,its a separate reading. pop back to the earlier threads/posts here, the heat haze from all that hot thinking may clear and the temperature may drop from around the collar,You'll laugh at how easy it is.
________
Bbw sex

Demon Goddess

re-pete-a said:
Because the point was missed,its a separate reading. pop back to the earlier threads/posts here, the heat haze from all that hot thinking may clear and the temperature may drop from around the collar,You'll laugh at how easy it is.

I guess I did... I must have missed some posts... I thought it was the last card in the reading that dictated the time.

going back to reread.

Demon Goddess

Ok... I think I get the gyst of it... But...

Can it work for back tracking ie... when did such and such a thing happen... For practice purposes, I mean.

If it works going forward, it should work going backward, right, ergo...

Maybe I can do time frames...

hmmmm

re-pete-a

now your seeing through the heat haze,that's the girl.Play, invent,create.
YEEHAAAR!!!
________
YAMAHA R15 HISTORY

Demon Goddess

re-pete-a said:
now your seeing through the heat haze,that's the girl.Play, invent,create.
YEEHAAAR!!!

Dang... and another busy weekend coming...

Hmmm... I think I feel a new game coming on... But I'll have to read how this time thing works a couple of more times to be sure I've got it. :)

This could be interesting.

xhollysue

Demon Goddess said:
Ok... I think I get the gyst of it... But...

Can it work for back tracking ie... when did such and such a thing happen... For practice purposes, I mean.

If it works going forward, it should work going backward, right, ergo...

Maybe I can do time frames...

hmmmm

Whoa! See that's a cool idea - for back tracking. Like, if for example, a person was working on identifying when things went awry in a relationship. If the cards could give a season or week in the past that a person could reflect on, a time when a decision they made created the shift in their relationship, it could make it easier for them to learn their lesson, seek reconciliation and move on. Just to help them pinpoint there "where did this go wrong." Oooooh, that's exciting and a little intimidating for me!

So it could work like that too, right?