8 Cups. Sun/Moon/What???

HoneyBea

In Robert M. Places book Tarot, History, Symbolism and Divination he says that it is night time in this card and that it is the full moon, drawn in a medieval style.

Perhaps the fact that it is the full moon may well allude to a cycle having been filfilled and it time to start off in the next one. When you look at the card the eight cups are stacked with a space for where a ninth cup could go. This may well be saying that by moving forward and leaving the past behind you may actually find that missing cup.

The Moon can also hint at the unconscious mind, and at dreams and emotions, so perhaps this card suggest here that one is now reached a stage of inner awareness, instinctively knowing that the time is right to move on.

He walks away from the water and towards the mountain, telling us perhaps that at last he has put his emotions to one side in order to obtain his goal. From the top of the mountain his view will be so much clearer.

Just a thought on a Tuesday evening :)

~HoneyBea~

PAMUYA

Very Nice thoughts for a Tuesday evening ;)

I always thought of this a solar eclipse. It is not night at all, the moon moving across the sun, a moon phase, seeking inner awareness, putting self into action.

With this in mind on the front bottom of the card are three upright cups neatly stacked upon five upright cups. Times are not in upheaval but placid. The man is walking away from the cups, he walks through a swamp (emotional stagnation). Although things are not bad, there is no longer growth or love in the situation, it is time to move on. He sacrifices what good there is for spiritual growth, a higher truth.

minrice

Crazy! What an eye Fulgour!

Fulgour said:
:) Here's something FUN & EASY to do....

VIII CUPS

Look at the Numeral at the Top of the Card
and notice that the V is open at the top!

Check all of Pam's other VIII numerals at see
that she never does this on any other card!

"Lord of Abandonned Success"
or ~ "Mistress of Art" :)

Yes, the situation is still giving you success or happiness is also what I think of it as.
Incidentally this is the card featured on the back of my Morgan Greer box! I think it definitely draws you to the deck with the colors!