Can anyone Identify this deck with French inscriptions?

Le Fanu

It's not the same deck but the very cheap U.S games Blue Bird Lenormand has been referred to as a "Davuley imitation". I love it. It has the same composition (differnt pictures but still old-fashioned feeling.) You might like it and it is very cheap!

AraLuck

It's not the same deck but the very cheap U.S games Blue Bird Lenormand has been referred to as a "Davuley imitation". I love it. It has the same composition (differnt pictures but still old-fashioned feeling.) You might like it and it is very cheap!

Oh yes... looks great! I was really interested in the French inscriptions... the old French used is very lyrical and lovely...

But this can work too, though I wanted to depart from English a bit and be more in the 'tradition' of the tradition.. lol

Thanks for that!!

Philippe

Oh yes... looks great! I was really interested in the French inscriptions... the old French used is very lyrical and lovely...

The french text of the Daveluy sounds modern and very mundane to me. It takes over word for word Philippe Lenormand's instruction sheet. To find something lyrical, I would look at the Brepols or the Dondorf.

AraLuck

The french text of the Daveluy sounds modern and very mundane to me. It takes over word for word Philippe Lenormand's instruction sheet To find something lyrical, I would look at the Brepols or the Dondorf.

Ok, I'll have a look. I only saw a couple cards and they seemed nice. Being subjective, of course :)

Tag_jorrit

You can find Ms Matthews' contact information in the listing for her Daveluy deck here.

decan

More than the verses in french what I like very much in this deck are the retro illustrations (medieval and renaissance characters) in the cards.
On my side I haven't many decks in french so here this could be interesting for me.
I sent yesterday an email to Mrs Matthews, I will see.

In "Lenormand Symbols" by Antony Louis, the verses in the Daveluy Lenormand are translated into english; as well verses from some other decks. This book (ebook) is interesting and goes to the point (it summarizes things). Mary K. Greer mentioned it in a thread.

AraLuck

More than the verses in french what I like very much in this deck are the retro illustrations (medieval and renaissance characters) in the cards.
On my side I haven't many decks in french so here this could be interesting for me.
I sent yesterday an email to Mrs Matthews, I will see.

In "Lenormand Symbols" by Antony Louis, the verses in the Daveluy Lenormand are translated into english; as well verses from some other decks. This book (ebook) is interesting and goes to the point (it summarizes things). Mary K. Greer mentioned it in a thread.

Nice! You're one step ahead.. let me know how you go. I don't know if you're familiar with the 'Comtesse de Segur' but I read a lot of her books when I was a child, so this gave me this familiar feel. I loved it. I want it :D

decan

Yes, I think people read "la comtesse de Segur" when they are a child, me too I think, but I don't remember exactly, it was a long time ago… I'm not in my dotage yet, but... :D

decan

(...) let me know how you go. (...)
I didn't receive an answer. Maybe it's too soon but I interpret this as a bad sign and probably I won't buy this deck :(