the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

truelighth

Oh, beautiful!!! I really like your Justice card. I like all your work actually. I sure hope you will publish/print this deck once it is finished (can I pre-order already :D ).

lunakasha

WOW....you are progressing nicely alizarin (I have been away too long!)

I LOVE Justice, the Hermit and the Chariot.....I just love 'em all, actually, and look forward to seeing more. I am very anxious to see the completed deck published....meanwhile, thanks for sharing with us. Amazing stuff, love it!!!

:) Luna

alizarin

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I definitely do want to try to publish the deck once it's complete, though that is a ways off at the moment...

Finished The Hanged Man today, one of the few cards that I knew what I wanted to do with from the beginning, though he didn't end up quite exactly as I'd pictured. The cards have a tendency to take on a life of their own, I've noticed.

jackdaw*

Fantastic. I'm quite taken with Justice, and with the first three cards in particular.

There's a feel to your cards that I can't put my finger on ... almost a 1920s look, if that makes sense?

blue_fusion

wonderful deck. :) it has that mysterious and old school stylish noir feel too it. i love the very low-sat use of colours. i particularly like your novel portrayal of the chariot card. :)

alizarin

I think this may be the quickest I've finished a card, especially one I didn't have any ideas for before I sat down to sketch. Death just knew what she wanted to look like and only took me one day from start to finish.

You can see the card here: Death.

jackdaw*

Now THAT's an interesting take on the Death card! Well done :)

Chronata

Death is amazing! I really love the new spin you put on it! :D

(reminds me a bit of Neil Gaiman's Death!)

Your cards are so enchanting...and engaging...in ways you may not yet realize!

For the last few days, I have had an infection and a high fever at night...and I have been dreaming in your deck!(the same figures...and especially the colors!)

Well...ok...more like nightmares, actually!

But I hope you find that as a compliment! (it's meant to be!)

It means you have created such a complete and perfect universe here...that my subconcious likes to root around and explore in it.

For your images to translate so well from my waking thoughts into my dreams...well..that makes this something very very special.

still, it haunts me, phantomwise....

alizarin

Chronata, I definitely take that as a compliment! Thank you!

I think I can relate, as well. The more I work on the deck the more I don't want to work on anything else, and it's reached the point where I'm practically channeling the cards: I picked up my pencil last night just to work on some ideas for Temperance and within 5 minutes I had a complete design. It's getting kind of spooky. But on the bright side, the majors may be completed sooner than I'd anticipated.

And yes, Death is definitely Gaiman-influenced. His version of Death is my favorite in any medium, so I wasn't surprised at all when my version insisted on being a girl.

RichardDirt

hey, I'm on BPAL and I already told you that I love your deck!