Dusserre Dodal - Tarot de Marseille

le pendu

Hee hee!

I heard there were still some Tarot of the Vampire Mermaid Cats available, so this silly Dodal really can wait awhile.

prudence

oh no, does this mean Umbrae is going to bid on it too? :(

Maybe I will just stand on the sidelines and watch. Competition makes me anxious. :D

thinbuddha

Umbrae may not have a chance to bid... We don't yet know if the seller (who is in Scotland) will be willing to ship worldwide.

Debra

thinbuddha said:
Umbrae may not have a chance to bid... We don't yet know if the seller (who is in Scotland) will be willing to ship worldwide.

Don't kid yourself.

The owner went to the trouble to find this site, come here, join, find the right forum, post a question and get info on the deck--way above and beyond what most people would do, not to mention telling you all that it'll be up for auction this weekend. That's one smart cookie, and I'm betting plenty smart enough to see the advantage in auction of worldwide competition vs. just bidders from the UK.

I never did understand those prima donnas who won't take the extra two seconds to fill out a customs form.

So just out of curiousity--what are people talkiing about for this deck? $50? $75? About like an Alchemical with book? OR...shudder...hundred$ and hundred$?

(yip yip yip--a rare deck!)

le pendu

I guess it's hard to say what it is worth. We'll all find out in a week or so what THIS deck is worth RIGHT NOW.

I think I paid around $50 less than 3 years ago. I would personally suggest a "fair" price of around $75. I wouldn't be horribly surprised if it reached $100, but I personally wouldn't pay more than that. Of course, I'm no expert at all, so I could be high, low, or completely off base.

BTW, I asked kb2000 via PM to let us know if it was going to be put up for bid on ebay, I wanted everyone to at least know about it and have a chance to bid on it if they were interested.

le pendu

Maybe we should pool our sources together, place one united bid, and then set up a "deck sharing" schedule! ;)

euripides

not such a silly idea. I couldn't afford $100 at the moment.

Who really, really wants it? Who will USE it? (That's my criterion: I don't believe in tucking decks away in boxes. You may differ, of course.) Who has a genuine passion for the TdM ?

le pendu

Just to be clear, I won't be bidding at all. As mentioned I already have my own copy, and I'm not *that* greedy.

thinbuddha

I want it. I'd use it. I can probably afford whatever the winning bid turns out to be... (I pity the buyer who pays more for this deck).

But how much do I want it? I aready have a number in my head of how much I'd be willing to pay. This number is less than I could afford; probably not high enough. I'd be surprised if someone else didn't have a higher number in mind already. Frankly, What I'd be willing to pay is already too much for such a deck, even if it was in perfect condition... But someone else is going to see it differently. Someone is going to pay too much. Can't you feel it in the air?

-tb

Debra

Well, I just paid too much--like WAY too much--for a deck, and I still love it. It's beautiful and well-made. The ones I "paid too much for" and couldn't wait to get rid of were the poorly made decks--shoddy workmanship irritates me.

I'm not taking away from the grocery money with Tarot, so it's a matter of priorities.

(Also there's a bit more cash available since I insisted that the cats get jobs to contribute for the cost of the kitty litter. They're doing quite well busking. They always danced--it was the passing of the hat that took some practice. So far neither shows much talent for the cards, but when the new Baroque Bohemian Cats deck comes out with the cat fortune-teller card, maybe they'll be inspired to try harder.)