Books For Beginners In Astrology

Birdsman72

Can anyone suggest some good books for someone only just beginning to study astrology? I've been digging around on various websites and Amazon, looking for books and it's overwhelming. I don't even know where to begin! I'm mostly interested in learning about romantic relationships, etc. Thanks in advance!

astro14

There are so many easy to learn books and sites

I believe there are so many wonderful sites and books to learn from, I was just searching on Libra and relationships, as so much in my life goes around in Libra, friends, kids, books, family... So I searched for Libra friends and found this great easy to follow site.

Barleywine

The one that I still recommend for a modern psychological approach, even though it's fairly old, is Sakoian and Acker's The Astrologer's Handbook. You will also want one of the free chart-calculation programs so you can crank out a lot of study charts, or use an on-line service like astrodienst (www.astro.com).

Minderwiz

Can anyone suggest some good books for someone only just beginning to study astrology? I've been digging around on various websites and Amazon, looking for books and it's overwhelming. I don't even know where to begin! I'm mostly interested in learning about romantic relationships, etc. Thanks in advance!

You are right, the choice is overwhelming to the beginner. We do have a thread

.http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15205

Which divides books and other resources into beginners, intermediate and some advanced resources. One thing that makes life complicated is that the current orthodoxy of using Astrology for character assessment and psychological purposes has come under significant challenge over the last twenty years, with a growing interest in predictive work, and the return to some traditional approaches. So given your predelicition for romantic relationships, there are one or two that you might consider.

The Astrology of Human Relationships also by Sakoian & Acker.
if you have the natal details of your intended you can look for books on synastry (comparing the charts of two people, usually for romantic relationships) and some of the free software will allow you to construct the necessary chart.

However, I'd advise you to start learning about casting and reading a chart first before progressing to synastry.

foolMoon

If you are a beginner, and into relationship readings, then start with Steven Forrest's "Inner Sky", then get "SkyMates I and II". Easily and clearly written, modern, psychological, and the depth, cannot go wrong.