Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

Bernice

That's exactly what I said earlier Pru :)

It's such a complete and comprehensive approach to the cards, and it's based on historical resources.

I'm still rather dumb-founded that the RWS use of the tarot seems to have swept the world - because I certainly don't believe that the 'tarot masses' are Working the Tree of Life. (Ludicrous).

I second the previous post....with knobs on.
Please could this thread be made a sticky for the non-RiderWaite decks?

Bee :)

Melanchollic

Off Topic

Stare Fight

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry2.jpg

seal1.jpg

terry1.jpg

seal3.jpg

prudence

by the looks of it, I'd say the elephant seal won.

(that is an elephant seal, yes?) :D

Moonbow

Very funny Mel! I'm thinking about the sticky idea and whether it fits in with the forum sub heading. I want to keep stickies to a minimum in this forum, but could make it a temporary one while its being added to. Or, could put it in the Index.

Now back on topic....

Bernice

Melanchollic

Moonbow* said:
Very funny Mel! I'm thinking about the sticky idea and whether it fits in with the forum sub heading.

Interesting point. Technically this whole thread should be in the Using Tarot area shouldn't it. The problem is that the History & Iconography section is the only place where we can show images, not just links. Why is that? I would assume that the study of something as visually based as Tarot would require the use of images. Shouldn't the whole forum be "image-able". Why do they turn off the IMG Code in every section but this one!? Why Moonbow, why!? Do they think some nutter will start posting random images of elephant seals or something??

Bernice

Why Moonbow, why!? Do they think some nutter will start posting random images of elephant seals or something??
ROFL ! ..... :)

This Sticky-thing; would it be possible to make this thread a sticky if all posts not DIRECTLY related to the Old Fashioned system were removed?

I realize that only Mel's posts, and a maybe a couple of other very pertinent ones would remain, but I don't mind if my unecessary posts are winnowed out and killed off...... ?

It seems that EVERY other 'system' has RW or Qabalah associations. This one is a stand-alone on it's own merits.

Bee :)

Moonbow

Mel is in the Contents:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1896893&postcount=8

It only seems fair to include all reading method threads so I'll add to it when I find more.

At some point I will answer the IMG Code question, and remove the off topic posts at the end of this thread of Mel's. And... thanks for the offer Bee but the homebaked goods IS necessary! (as are the rest of the posts)

Melanchollic

Moonbow,

Paul had a thread about his "tiered" method for reading pips. It is a nice little method I use once in a while. It was a few years back and may have been put in the Forum Library. If it is still in the main forum I recommend it.

(Paul, you can send the check to the usual address. Thanks ;) )