The Aeon

llee

Ok, here it is:

I did a relationship spread for my friend asking about thier current situation with the thoth deck:

- 3 of Cups (she to him), accurate! She still love him so much
- 7 of Cups (him to her), accurate! he is having affairs outside
- The Aeon (them together). not sure how to interpret this. They currently close to breaking up.

Aeon418

It's important to remember that the Tarot can't make decisions for us or predict the future. My previous answers still stand.

It may be important to understand why "he" is wandering. Has the fire gone out of the relationship? If so it may be time to inject some new energy into it.

Aeon418

llee said:
- 7 of Cups (him to her), accurate! he is having affairs outside
The 7 of Cups is interesting and may be important. It could be interpreted as he wants something that he's not finding within the relationship.

llee

Thank you Aeon418!

Everytime this card appears, i have to re-read the meanings many times and focus on the pictures for long time to interpret it. Should you say I'm asking tarot to predict or make decisions for them, not in this reading. I just want to see what their current situation is.

After reading all these comments, I still find the meaning of this card is so abstract. I guess I will continue my research more for this Aeon card.

Aeon418

The Aeon is nearly always a definite step forward. Moving on to the next level and that sort of thing. It can breathe new life into situations that have gone stale, or it can mean a completely new beginning that sweeps away the past and begins a whole new cycle of time.

There's a cleansing aspect to this card as well. But it's a cleansing by fire that can appear very destructive at first. Before new growth can emerge the old and useless things have to burnt away. This can be painful sometimes, even when it's for the best.

You can always be sure that "something" is going to happen when the Aeon turns up in a reading because it's a card of movement and progress.

Fronterance

Aeon418 said:
The Aeon is nearly always a definite step forward. Moving on to the next level and that sort of thing. It can breathe new life into situations that have gone stale, or it can mean a completely new beginning that sweeps away the past and begins a whole new cycle of time.

But it's not the Death card, so I guess it doesn't mean the end of the relationship necessarily, right?

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
But it's not the Death card, so I guess it doesn't mean the end of the relationship necessarily, right?
Maybe, maybe not. It's all in the interpretation I guess. It could mean a split, but maybe not.

It's interesting to compare the Aeon with Death. I feel that they represent different forms of change or that the process of change is different. To me the Aeon is swift, firey, and energetic and may involve destruction. But any change is usually for the better because it represents the next step.

The change represented by the Death card is more about decay and putrefaction leading to change. That kind of change seems far more watery. Also I feel that the change of Death seems to be more of the cyclical type. I think Aeon is more linear in that it builds upon the past.

In the context of a relationship split I would say that the Aeon is a definite split. Death would be more like a gradual drifting apart.

Just my opinion.

Fronterance

Aeon418 said:
It's interesting to compare the Aeon with Death. I feel that they represent different forms of change or that the process of change is different. To me the Aeon is swift, firey, and energetic and may involve destruction. But any change is usually for the better because it represents the next step.

That's interesting insight. I do get the feeling that it is "onto the next thing" rather than a focus on the end of the old thing.

Aeon418 said:
The change represented by the Death card is more about decay and putrefaction leading to change.

I think that is only in the reversed position. Upright is swift, reversed is sloooooooow deterioration which implies prolonged unpleasantness. At least that's what I've come to understand. That's why people always tell you the Death card isn't necessarily bad. This, too, is just my opinion.

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
I think that is only in the reversed position. Upright is swift, reversed is sloooooooow deterioration which implies prolonged unpleasantness. At least that's what I've come to understand. That's why people always tell you the Death card isn't necessarily bad. This, too, is just my opinion.
I don't use reversals. :D LOL

I personally think that Death is more transformative but not as sweeping in it's change. There's a cycle to how it opperates. The change implied by the Aeon is New, New, New in definite steps. It always builds. Old may be good, but new is better etc., etc.
The Aeon is a change by growth and expansion. A progressive step forward. That's not always the case with Death where the change may be good or bad depending on how it is influenced by other cards or the context of the reading.

llee

OK! I'm back from my little research. I think this link http://www.angelpaths.com/majors/aeon.html (also click on "working with the Aeon") is giving a very detailed divination meaning of the Aeon. :)

OK, combining the explaination of Aeon418 and from the net, I would summerize the meanings of "the Aeon" as:

- defined ending
- new beginning
- and leave the past behind