The Moon as feelings

Awakened Queen

I was always taught that when the Moon appears in a reading regarding two people, it points to karmic ties. So maybe he feels a strong pull to you that he doesn't understand. Maybe you affect him in ways he's confused about. Maybe he sees you in a reflection, instead of who you are.

onesun

The Moon is not a light source in and of itself. It is reflecting the light of the Sun (Will), so the reflected light is dim. Symbolically this represents awareness of the power of Self Will is not clear. It is dim, murky, and diffused. This leaves a state of confusion, or fear, as thoughts and feelings are not understood with any real clarity. This is why The Moon is sometimes called 'the lunatic card'. So this card has a great deal to do with fear in general. The BOT references The Moon as "She is the poisoned darkness which is the condition of the rebirth of light."

In a relationship reading, as with any reading, surrounding cards give context as to what the Moon may be pointing to. If the Moon happens to show up with the Sun, then I read that as a 'karmic' context as both cards (reflector and source) are then reflecting one to the other.

Duquette says The Moon could show 'the brink of important change'. I think this is because of the moon's inherent waxing/waning cycle but this is my personal opinion.

Duquette also gives some other key word descriptions: illusion, deception, bewilderment, hysteria, dreaminess, 'darkest hour before the dawn'.