5 of pentacles

.traveller.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add an interpretation that came to me. It is kind of specific to decks that show a woman with a child or children.
"This is my treasure and it is worth more than gold or jewels" said in full awareness of poverty and lack, yet with appreciation of what one does have.

6 Haunted Days

.traveller. said:
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add an interpretation that came to me. It is kind of specific to decks that show a woman with a child or children.
"This is my treasure and it is worth more than gold or jewels" said in full awareness of poverty and lack, yet with appreciation of what one does have.

That is a beautiful qoute and a possible interpertation for this card. The image that immediately popped into my head upon reading this was from the Bohemian Gothic's 5 of Pents.....very evocative of that qoute! I know it hasn't even been published yet, but the images are already starting to speak to me. :)

Miss 6

wind

If we talk about pain in romance, I see 3 of swords more as a heart break in the sense that something is said or done that hurts very much. It is a swords card, so there is a bit of agressiveness in it. Some words are exchanged, some truth comes out, maybe you disvover that your beloved has another love affair going on... and this causes heart break or pain.

5 of pentacles is simply that your love is rejected or simply what you need is not given - maybe kindness, maybe affection or simply love itself. It doesn't mean that this is expressed in some very direct way, maybe you simply miss the person who you love and this person is maybe not calling you or giving you attention or simply not responding.
Whereas 3 of swords is about something painful that happens, hurtful words or actions.

So, 5 of pentalces is about not being given something that you long for and 3 of swords is about being given something that hurts you, usually the truth itself.