Necronomicon Tarot - Ace of Swords

luminous_ram

Power or force that results in disaster. The red eyes and the expression of the face give me the feeling of an evil character and the inner demon is using that glowing dagger to control/dominate others.

cybermancer

When I look at this card, I see a lot of possibilities for representation of strong inner emotions and how we may or may not deal with them.

First up, anger for sure..possibly violent anger. The screaming face, the red eyes, the dagger...all symbols of aggression. In this aspect, the card would represent being consumed by anger and unable to control it.

Second up is anger again but a bit broader with the screaming face representing our "inner demon" and the dagger representing a control mechanism. Obviously, this inner demon does not like to be quelled but then again, neither does anger. But it must be dealt with and kept under control lest it manifest itself further into hate and possibly violence.

Last is lust. Lust can rage like fire inside of us. In this card, the glowing dagger (a phallic shape) could represent intense sexual excitement and the wild demon inside that uncontrolled lust can unleash....possibly in a destructive manner.

This card could also represent the power of Shadow under the control of a skilled hand.

Sanctum_Priest

I'm reminded of the nose piece on a Norman helmet. Ostensibly it is there for protection but by far the greater effect is one of aggression. This in turn seems to be the opposite of the usual psychological situation where aggression is used as a form of defence.