anna k 2 of swords don't understand

Sulis

nortytiger said:
HerzogisGod, I like the idea of placing an additional card I will have a play with that.

Sulis, reading your post has now made me see the "cracks appearing" on the floor as an indication of not being able to hold things back for long, the situation is about to erupt and he will have to face it.

am I getting it now at all?

I am in awe of you all, your description of what you see in the cards leaves my limited (and off-the mark) interpretation somewhat lacking.

my brain hurts.

Don't be discouraged, learning to read the symbolism in a card is something that comes to you with time and lots of practice :). Some of us here have been reading cards for a very long time. It'll come, think of it as learning to read another language; getting the gist of it is often quite a quick thing but becoming fluent takes years :).
I think the fact that you noticed the things like the red ribbons, the sand, the stormy sea, the moon and the cracks in the floor is a very good sign. And remember that in a reading it may just be one of those things that jumps out at you or that you really notice.

nortytiger

thank you Sulis for your kind words.

my first deck was the Thoth which I love but always have to refer to books to supplement my readings and I am sure I will study it for years to come and still not be fluent.

so I have been getting some new decks over the past few months that I would like to be able to learn to read more intuitively and the Anna K particularly is one that feels wonderful to work with but they are so very different and I am starting again on my tarot journey.

Thoth has been put away so I can concentrate on the Anna K properly. I have started a journal and daily card draw as advised on this forum.

I have always been intrigued with every little detail in each card and try to lose myself in it to get a sense of how it would smell and feel-in this 2 of swords I can smell the salty sea air and feel the cool of the night and the sea breeze coming through the doorway but being sheltered from it by the warmth of the building. but seeing/sensing it and understanding it are very different.

My tarot journey so far. one step forward about 500 back...tomorrow is another day and one step closer to my goal. that is unless I keep going backwards in which case I will meet myself at some point and give myself a kick up the backside as I pass :laugh:

Tibor

Well it was very brave from you to start with the Thoth but I think (as you said) it is a good idea to put that aside for a while and concentrate on the Anna K :)

nortytiger

Thoth was the first deck I ever saw when a friend did a reading for me and I fell in love with it. I didn't know anything about tarot and I wanted a deck of my own after that reading and so I got my own Thoth I have to say I am glad it was my first deck as I really do love it and if I had got another deck that I didn't feel so strongly about that might well have been the beginning and end of my tarot experience. honestly I didn't even know then that there were many to choose from! I bought a couple of other decks a few months later but they didn't grab my attention like the Thoth and I never used them.

after researching other decks here on this forum in the last few months I decided to buy a few new decks then I sat with them and chose the one that felt right to work with now and I instantly felt right at home with the Anna K so all the others are put aside as I know that I will only move forward with my learning if I focus.

nortytiger

ok, back onto topic.

I had gone to bed and have got back up again (now 3am) after having had some time with the 2 of swords before bed and then couldn't sleep.

what I realised is that I have said I try and sense things by losing myself in the card and I realised that I see the man is doing exactly what I do in times of uneasy truce. I think he is pacing up and down.

he has turned his back on the turmoil to block his feelings but not acknowledging it doesn't make it go away.

the moon is a waxing moon so the tension is growing.

the ribbons are blowing in the wind, all is not calm. I agree red is the colour of blood but maybe it is to do with the blood of the heart as red is also the colour representing passion and love. the ribbons are blowing around,trying to attract attention but he is choosing to look away from them.

he is shielded by the building but it is a temporary refuge as I do now see the sand spilling over as the sands of time creeping in, the cracked floor as "something has to give".

ooh, tired now, back to bed.nite nite