Melissa Lenormand, 2nd edition

GryffinSong

Hi gang,

I've pre-ordered the second edition, and am really psyched that in a short month or two this deck should be in my hands. I figured I'd start a thread to discuss it, and for those who've seen both to compare the two editions. I also want to warn folks that she'S doing a limited run of ONLY those decks that are pre-paid. I hadn't realized that, and am glad I jumped on the bandwagon right away. Pre-orders for this and her Postmark Lenormand end on October 31st, if anyone wants one. She doesn't expect to have anymore printed until 2012 at the earliest. Here's a link to her explanation why ... http://sassysibyl.com/2011/10/13/preorders-open-for-the-melissa-lenormand-2nd-series/

Anyway. I'm really looking forward to FINALLY having this beautiful deck, and would relish a discussion of her rich imagery.

Le Fanu

I adore this deck. Ever since it fell into my hands I have felt no need for another Lenormand. I have two copies of the first edition; one with the Tree box (which I have as my everyday deck to use and shuffle and carry about without worrying and which lives in an antique cigarette case). I have a second copy - Man box - which I have kept pristine /as a back up.

I adore her decks. I have the Postmark too but this thread is about the original Melissa. I shalln't be buying a copy of the 2nd edition simply because I don't need another one. I have to say I prefer the backs, titles and lack-of-numbers on the 1st edition too. I don't think the deck is worse because of the changes, I just personally prefer the 1st edition and continue to love it more and more. I shall be interested to hear others' reactions when they get their decks. The cardstock on the 1st edition is wonderfully crisp and sturdy. I know it can't be easy for her with limited space and no assistants and kiddies around etc etc. it's just amazing that these decks get out and get used.

GryffinSong

I adore this deck. Ever since it fell into my hands I have felt no need for another Lenormand....

This is what I suspect will happen to me. I've never seen anything to compare. Not even close. The only card, from what I've been able to determine online, that I don't care for is the Ring. All the other cards have layers of collage, and the ring looks like it's simply an old catalog page. I wonder if that will be my feeling when I have the deck in my hands. I imagine a ring card in this style as having transparent overlays of old lace bridal gowns or something. Perhaps a few pearls. We shall see. ;)

Mona18

I am up in arms about which one to get ... LOL

I have been with my Titania deck for a few months now but it looks like its YEARS old, LOL

I take it EVERYWHERE with me ... I read for my friends at restaurants, park, work ... LOL But I am looking for deck that I don't "mistreat" like I do my old faithful.

While I do like the Postmark 'vintage' look and the number and suit ... I also like the melancholic look of the ML ... decisions, decisions!!!

GryffinSong

...While I do like the Postmark 'vintage' look and the number and suit ... I also like the melancholic look of the ML ... decisions, decisions!!!

I hate to say it, but the Postcard does nothing for me. The style is too varied, and the cards too plain for my taste. But, hey, if you like them both, buy them both if you can afford it. ;)

NikkiB

I love! the postmark, no distractions, very clear, this is my favorite lenormand reading deck but I am very tempted by the Melissa!

Rhinemaiden

I love! the postmark, no distractions, very clear, this is my favorite lenormand reading deck but I am very tempted by the Melissa!

I, too, have the Postmark Lenormand and use it daily. I love the simplicity, the what you see is what there is aspect of this deck. That being said, having missed out on the original Melissa Lenormand, I couldn't resist pre-ordering the Melissa Lenormand, second edition, and look forward to its arrival.

NikkiB

I, too, have the Postmark Lenormand and use it daily. I love the simplicity, the what you see is what there is aspect of this deck. That being said, having missed out on the original Melissa Lenormand, I couldn't resist pre-ordering the Melissa Lenormand, second edition, and look forward to its arrival.

Think i'm going to have to! I tempted by a back up of the postmark as well as i love it so much!

Rhinemaiden

Think i'm going to have to! I tempted by a back up of the postmark as well as i love it so much!

Nikki... don't tempt me! ;) Do I really need a backup??? hmmmmmmm.....

Mona18

I think I'm going to buy it!!!