Wahrsagen à la Lenormand deck

kalliope

Thanks for the link! I already bought it and a book with the same hardcover has arrived but the deck wasn't there. I hope this one will have the deck! Also why is it 10 pounds (UK pounds I understand) while the other decks are just 5, 6 or so...? It's so small!! :)

Did the purchase that came to you with only the book come from a secondhand seller? It's not uncommon for them to list things incorrectly. Buying it new from the BD will avoid that problem.

As for the price, my guess is that it's more because it comes with that little hardcover book, as a set. Most of the cheapie Lenormands don't come in sets, so there's that. In addition, you'll see when you get it that it's quite special compared to most standard decks: heavy cardstock, lovely printing, etc.

Le Fanu

Did the purchase that came to you with only the book come from a secondhand seller? It's not uncommon for them to list things incorrectly. Buying it new from the BD will avoid that problem.
But the book is sold quite commonly on its own. You have to know the isbn.

If anyone insists, I can check mine as I have an unopened deck set plus the book (seperately) on its own.

kalliope

But the book is sold quite commonly on its own. You have to know the isbn.

If anyone insists, I can check mine as I have an unopened deck set plus the book (seperately) on its own.

Ah, I didn't know that, thanks. That definitely makes it trickier to buy a used set complete with cards. Although, I don't know that there are many used copies of the (supposed) set being sold for cheaper than the new one at the moment...

garmonbozia

Glad I found this thread!

I got this set a few days ago in the mail (finally checked it off my wishlist!) and was so confused by the whip and mice cards. I knew there had to be discussion of this! lol!

My first thought was that there were two cards of tables that look like they literally have piles of crap on them. The mice card is a little better because I can image a little mouse running towards what could be a small cake or a pudding? or something else in a mold.

The whip card I find problematic and probably won't use this as a reading deck, but I do really like the cards.